Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Mind of Their Own

I had big plans today. My "cupcake shoot" with Maliya went so well the other week that I thought I'd try it again with another of my favorite models, Aidan. So, with yummy SAS cupcakes in hand, I showed up right after nap time. We got him all ready for his close up, pulled out the scrumptious chocolate cupcakes and waited for him to get happy. And then we waited, and waited some more. Apparently he's not much of a cupcake man! We got a couple cute shots of him, but then he was back off with his trains. So, his Mom and I left the cupcakes behind and decided to try something a little different (alright, I talked her into it:)). And we wound up with some of my new favorite photos. The moral of the story? When you photograph children, be patient. Keep shooting. Let them call the shots. The results are always well worth the effort. The full gallery of pictures should be up sometime next week. Hope you enjoy them!:)  - Kate




delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, wedding, delaware wedding photographer

3 comments:

Anonymous October 4, 2008 at 10:52 PM  

Since I'm the Mommy of that gorgeous blue-eyed boy behind the cupcake, I must say, I was somewhat relieved that Aiden didn't gobble down the entire cupcake all at once. Before Kate arrived I was imagining what sugar overload might do to my already active little boy. I was glad that Aiden was able to recognize his limit and put that cupcake down...right into the hands of his very appreciative Mommy - Yum!! Those cupcakes were so good!!

Who would have guessed that Aiden would have loved the dress more than the cupcake? He must have thought that his Mommy looked pretty silly!! But how can you say "no" to Kate? I just put that itchy old dress on and let her do her thing. It's amazing how Kate has the ability to make a $15 dress from Goodwill look like art.

Aiden and I love working with Kate. She's so full of energy and creative ideas. She's wonderful with kids and my Aiden just loves her.

Kate has been Aiden's personal photographer since before he was born. She's captured so many "precious memories" and I will cherish these memories always.

Lauren October 6, 2008 at 7:12 PM  

I'm partial to these pictures because the beautiful blue eyed boy in them is my very own nephew! What a gorgeous boy he is. I've had the privilege of working with Kate and she has the ability to capture anyone's personality, even little babies. Her photos are full of life, love, and fun. They jump right out at you and when you look at them you just want to jump right in! So if your looking to have some fun, and the satisfaction of having beautiful pictures that capture your precious memories forever, then Kate is your girl!

Kate October 7, 2008 at 8:09 PM  

Thank you girls so much for that! You made my day with those comments:)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP