Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Skater Boy -- Delaware Newborn Photographer

Meet Evan.



Isn't he just too precious?! His parents were kind enough to answer my casting call the other day, and I'm so glad they did!



Now, as for why I offered this particular casting call ... I had an idea just absolutely stuck in my head and I just HAD to do it. It all started a week ago when I got this old skateboard for an upcoming clothing shoot. It was only $1 but I love how little it is. As I was driving home with the skateboard next to me, I just kept picturing something like this ...





So, I put out the casting call so I could do my crazy little idea. And then, of course, the rest of our shoot was just practice. Because practice definitely makes perfect.



I love his fingers in this one ...



Evan's Mom and Dad just had this gorgeous floor put in before his early arrival. I absolutely loved it and knew I had to have a picture of him on it. Plus, his little blanket matched ; )



I LOVE this next one of Amy and her little man.





If the cooler temps we have going on today haven't convinced you that fall is almost here, maybe this picture will. Yellow leaves!



This little guy was not big on being curled up. He prefers to stretch out.



Oops ... one more skateboard shot. And check out the cool onesie he's wearing! Amy's friend made that for him.







So, here's that shot I posted yesterday. If you're feeling a bit anxious about this tree picture, be sure to scroll to the end of this post so you can see just how safe it actually was!









I tried one more time to get the little guy to curl up for me ... but he was like, Uh, NO! And take your silly fabric back, too!



We worked hard for this last one!



And finally, the proof that the tree shot was totally safe. The sling was tied so tight that even I could have hopped in and it would have stayed put. But just to be sure, Daddy's hands stayed there the whole time : )


Thanks so much for answering the casting call, guys! It was a real pleasure working with you and your new little man : )

Happy Wednesday!
Kate

1 comments:

Amie Schroeder September 18, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

Kate!!! The tree shot!! awesome - I didn't have the guts. But you totally rocked it out. Love that shot!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP