Friday, September 25, 2009

Trees, Light, and Sparkle Pants -- Delaware Photographer

Life can be preeeetty stressful sometimes. Too stressful. This past week, I just so happened to witness three different accidents in the exact same place. No lie. For some strange reason, I found myself waiting to turn off of Elkton Road onto Route 4 around 5:30 three times this week. And three times I watched as drivers coming from route 4 to turn onto Elkton Road ran right into the car ahead of them. THREE TIMES! I've decided to avoid that spot during rush hour from now on ... because apparently people aren't paying attention. Or maybe they're too stressed. I know I am sometimes. That's why I was so glad when my friend and fellow photographer Amie suggested we go out and shoot some pretty scenery. Now, I'm a people photographer. That's my thing. So landscapes have always been a challenge for me. I feel like something is missing from the picture ... like, uh, a person. But this was a good way for me to stretch myself as an artist and as it turns out, a great way to bring some inner calm in my life. So, at 6:47 a.m., I dragged myself out of bed, threw on my most comfy black cotton pants, and met Amie at the door.

If you're looking for some inner peace or a new place to take a stroll, definitely consider Fair Hill. It's so lovely there.


My nature shots tend to have a kind of romantic feel to them ...













It was funny, because at one point in the morning, Amie turned to me and said, "Um, do your pants have glitter all over them?" I looked down. Oh. My "black" cotton pants were actually my old sparkle palazzo pants that were cool back in the day. In my defense, though, they're still VERY comfortable TOday.





I decided to try and push myself and create some non "romantic" looking shots. I'm happy with the results : )












I think this one is my favorite of the day ...




As you can see from these images, early morning light is extraordinary. It's worth getting up early ... even if it hurts.




If you'd love a session with beautiful morning light, just let me know. I'll be happy to get up early for you. Me AND my sparkle pants.

Happy Friday!
Kate

10 comments:

Tanna September 25, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

Just lovely! I know you're a people person but you also have a way of making the simple things in life so beautiful!

Toki Lee Kanitz September 26, 2009 at 12:22 AM  

I love your work - I think you're fabulous! I think those b&w images belong in an art gallery!! Cheers!

Kate September 26, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

Thanks, girls!! You made me smile : )

Alexandra September 26, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

Beautiful shots!! I love them :)

april September 26, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Even on a rainy day, I could feel the sun, shine upon my face...thank you.

Amie Schroeder September 26, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

You rock Kate - I know you like the "romantic" stuff, but I am totally digging your barns and spider web. You and your sparkle pants rock.

Audrey Amaro September 27, 2009 at 12:31 AM  

I love the Spider webs- My family has a small cafe, we love to feature artists on a monthly basis- These would be perfect- Let me know if u wanna- Then u can come to Media anyway, and get those boots u want!!!

Kate September 27, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

Done! Thanks, Audrey : )

Janet September 28, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

I love the black & white shots & the last color photo is my favorite just beautiful!

Anonymous September 28, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

You are just flat-out amazing, woman.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP