Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Something Better Was Just Around the Corner -- Delaware Wedding Photographer

I had the perfect place all picked out for my "end of summer bride" shoot. The light at the end of the day now is so gorgeous and I just knew that this was THE place. The problem with end-of-summer light, though, is that it moves fast. Super fast. So, when Jess called to say she was running a bit late, I knew that we wouldn't have time to make it to my "perfect" spot. I was disappointed for about a second, but then my brain immediately starting running through closer locations. This is the kind of situation when I love having an ADD brain. It usually doesn't take too long for a new idea to pop into my head. (Now, whether or not I'll remember it is another matter completely!) She arrived, hustled into the dress, and we were off. I live about a mile from Milburn's Orchards, and the evening light there is gorgeous. So, we headed in that direction. First, though, we stopped in the field right next to my development. I've been wanting to do something in these yellow flowers. They're so pretty. There's rumblings that soon the entire area will be yet another giant housing development, so I'm glad we got to work there while it's still there.

So pretty ...















And then we made it to Milburn's. I was 99% sure that someone would come and kick us out ... even though we weren't in anyone's way. But, they didn't. Instead, the sun shone down on us in the most soft, yellow, and perfect way. I brought out an old bicycle that I bought at Goodwill last year for $5.



When I look at these pictures, I can't imagine why I wanted to go anywhere but where we went. It's perfect. I guess that's the beauty of life. Something better is often right around the corner. And in this case, it was ... literally.















This next one isn't even close to being in focus. But there's still something about it that I like.











This is my second test shoot with my new lens ... and I'm lovin' it!







With just about 10 minutes of light left, we drove back to my house. Right across from the yellow field is another area that will soon be yet another depressing housing development (well, depressing to me, anyway). I've been dying to do something like this for a while ...







Poor Jess. The bike that we were carting around took up most of the back of my car, and in order to fit it in, I had to move the front seat up all the way. She had to squeeze into the back with the bike. And Bella's bed. And then I stuck her out in fields with bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. Not to mention the fact that she was wearing a veeeery itchy dress. And all of this at the close of what was already "one of those days" for her. So, a special thanks to my fabulous model. You rocked it! : )

Happy Wednesday!
Kate

6 comments:

Jess September 2, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

The fire flies are so AWESOME! All the bugs were worth it in the end...and you can't even tell that I ripped the dress clean down the torso...it was so much fun even though I had the worst day ever...you're awesome Kate!

airika121 September 3, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

you look beautiful Jess!! Absolutely stunning :)
Kate- it's beyond depressing with all the houses and shopping centers :(

Alexandra September 3, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

Wow!!! You are soooo talented!! I mean it - your photos are INCREDIBLE. Each and every one of them came out beautifully! The light is just perfect, the colors pop and ooooh I love them alllll!!!

"When I look at these pictures, I can't imagine why I wanted to go anywhere but where we went. It's perfect. I guess that's the beauty of life. Something better is often right around the corner. And in this case, it was ... literally."

Beautifully said!

Keep up the AMAZING work!!

xxx Alex

Janet September 3, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

I LOVE the shot with the Hat & cloud background on the left in the Field! That is a Masterpiece!
Your BEST work yet!
BRAAVO!!!!!

Amie Schroeder September 3, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

Lovin' the b&w lens flare shots. Toooo awesome. I am in love with your bike - is that wrong? Great work Kate - you are a source of inspiration.

Anonymous September 4, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

Gorgeous Kate, Jess looked just like a fairy at the end!! Tres Magnifique!!!

Audrey

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP