Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Letting Go ... -- Delaware Photographer

Ok, confession time: I'm a total control freak and perfectionist. There. I said it. And no where is this more true than with my professional endeavors. I like everything to be PERFECT. So, when it comes time for me to have my picture taken, I sweat a little. Ok, a lot. And really, it's all about a loss of control. I can't control the angle of the camera. I can't control the light. I can't control the post-processing (aka, zit, wrinkle, and roll removal). Now, if you follow my blog, then you've seen the pictures that I allow my Mom to take. But, if you ask her, she'll tell you that it was no fun working with me. I tell her exactly how I want the shot composed and then I take over with all the post-processing. Like I said, I'm a control freak. Sooooo, it was a real challenge for me to be able to let go and allow a fellow photographer to do her thing. And on Friday, that's what Amie and I did. We photographed each other. And neither of us was all that thrilled about it, I think, in the beginning. But, I have to say, we ended up having a good time : )

But I'm putting the cart before the horse. Before we headed out for our fabulous photo shoot, we hit the backyard with her insanely cute and absolutely NOT camera shy boys. I photographed them in the sprinklers earlier in the summer, so now whenever they see me, they beg their Mom to turn the sprinklers on. As you can see, they won her over this time.






Like I said ... NOT camera shy.









I love this set ...




And then we were off! We stopped at two great locations, including a diner where people stared at us like we're crazy. But that's ok ... because the light was awesome!



Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!



I am VERY happy to report that when we moved to our second location out on a busy road, we got honked at several times. As you can see here, it was pretty funny ...














Amie rocked it. And I've got tons more, too.

So, as for my feeling all out of control and nervous, Amie did a great job of helping me relax. It's a HUGE job, but she was up for the challenge. I nabbed these shots from her blog ...











Merci bien, mon amie! It was a lot of fun!

Happy Wednesday!
Kate

9 comments:

Christina September 9, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

You're absolutely beautiful Kate!!

Kate September 9, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

Sniff, sniff. Thanks, Christina : )

lindsay September 9, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

What hotties!!!!

Kate September 9, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

You're next, Lindsay!

april September 9, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

love them all!
april

courtneycourtney September 9, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

YAY!!! We see you now!! :D

Amie Schroeder September 10, 2009 at 1:30 AM  

Hey Kate,

Wellll, I love them. Even if they are of me. Thank you for taking me out and working so hard on all those photos...and all that retouching....lol.

Merci bien, mon Kate.
Amie

danielle izzi September 10, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

Kate - you and Amie look amazing!!! You both look so pretty! I love all of these shots!

Audrey Amaro September 13, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

Ahem, Kate,and Amie you girls are both amazingly gorgeous- All girls are princesses!! Each and every one!!! Loved all the pictures, of the boys, of the tea party and you lovely ladies!!!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP