Sunday, November 16, 2008

December 1 ... One Year!

It's like day 10 for me and this super bug! Goodness ... what happened to the days when you got sick for two days?! This is one of the few times when I actually wish I had cable! Normally, I love having no TV to watch -- and I mean no TV ... since I get no channels at all. But, I've already watched all the old Sherlock Holmes DVDs my Mom lent me and I'm ready to get up and do something! And I absolutely hate having to cancel appointments. I'm so sorry again, Kathy! But the last thing I want to do is get the little ones sick! We'll be rescheduling for sometime in the very, very near future. I can't wait to meet her little one ... who has the coolest name ... Nadia.  


But as I've been lying here near death (aka, 99 degree fever), I've been brainstorming all kinds of fun things for Precious Memories by Kate. So, be on the lookout for some really exciting new products, events, and picture ideas. I've also been thinking about how I'm nearing my one-year anniversary! December 1, 2007 was my last day as a long-time Designer/Writer for ISM. Whew! I can't believe how time flies! I've been having so much fun with this business and I'm thrilled that I'm still able to do it! It seems hard to believe that it all started with a simple request from my best friend, Lindsay. She asked if I'd take maternity and newborn pictures of her sister as a gift. It sounded like fun! So, I borrowed the camera from my work and headed out to Kristin's house. Poor Kristin! We shot for like five hours!! Why so long? Because I didn't know what I was doing!! But, the pictures turned out great ... and are still some of my favorites. Then I did the same thing for my friend, Tanna. And by "same thing," I do mean subject her to a six-hour photo shoot. And again, those are still some of my favorites. And then slowly ... very slowly ... more people started asking for pictures. Kristin and Tanna's little ones are now nearly two, and because they were my original guinea pigs, I still love trying out new ideas with them. And the best news? Six hour shoots are a thing of the past! Maternity shoots usually take anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours ... depending on what we're doing. 

So, below are my very, very, very first pictures. Thanks, Lindsay! It's because of you that I have a job right now!!:)






delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, wedding, delaware wedding photographer

2 comments:

Anonymous November 16, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

I can remember that day like it happened yesterday,it was a blast..... (notable mention that day to fan girl and lighting girl:))! Maliya was just kicking away in my belly and now almost two years later she still loves doing photo shoots with her Aunt Kate. You've come a long way and I'm sure it's just the beginning. You have a great talent that many others are now enjoying the benefits of and you've given them and myself some "precious memories" for many years to come!

Kate November 16, 2008 at 11:42 PM  

You're sooo right, Tanna. "Fan girl" and "lighting girl" absolutely deserve honorable mention. Nothing says "professional" like a box fan and grow lights!!! But ... hey ... we made it work!:)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP