Friday, November 21, 2008

Snowy Day at Longwood Gardens

What a gorgeous snowy day!! I had plans to photograph my dynamic duo (plus one!) today at Longwood for an upcoming marketing piece. (Side note: The piece is for two special events I'll be holding in January. One will be a weekday and the other a Saturday. Both will be mini-sessions at Longwood Gardens with both my travel and entrance fee waived. Plus, all prints will be discounted 10%! Stay tuned for more info ...) So, on our way there, Kristin and I were talking about how neither of us can fall asleep right away at night. I find that conversation quite ironic now because tonight I think I'm going to sleep like a baby! Why? Because I spent half the day playing like one! We had a BLAST trekking around in the snow and then running around like maniacs in the Children's Garden. If you haven't visited the new Children's Garden at Longwood ... you should! The kids LOVE it! And it's such a wonderful place to take pictures. As you can see on their faces, the little ones were absolutely enchanted by all nature has to offer. And it was so nice to meet our old friend Susan's (and by "old," I mean long-time!) little guy, Christian. He's such a cutie pie:)


So, we'll start preview one off with Ms. "no-pictures-please, no-pictures-please" Maliya. I'll post some more when I'm not so sleepy. Hope everyone enjoyed our first real snowfall. I'm looking forward to lots of fun sessions this winter. It's supposed to be a snowy one! - Kate


Look at that face! He was so excited to find the fountain!











delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, wedding, delaware wedding photographer

4 comments:

Anonymous November 21, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

Kate, these pictures are of course sooo cute! I'm so glad we ventured out to Longwood. It was so beautiful there and a wonderful place for the kids to experience their first snow, and what's even better is that you caught all those great moments in their true essence.

Anonymous November 22, 2008 at 11:31 AM  

These pictures are so adorable! I love the colors. They are so warm and inviting. The kids are super cute and I am so excited to see the little one of Susan (so cute). Thanks Kate for keeping me in touch!

Anonymous November 22, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

Kate, I love these pictures!! Thanks for posting a preview so quickly. We had such a blast yesterday. Longwood is a great place to bring your kids (especially two-year-olds who have lots of energy and can't wait to discover new things). Aiden and Maliya were so excited about the snow and loved the children's garden. Heck - I loved the children's garden too! I felt like a little kid again running through with Aiden. (For once in my life I was glad to be 5'1"... considering that everything is in miniature.)

It made me so happy to see Aiden having such a great time. Thanks for capturing these precious memories for me.

Anonymous November 25, 2008 at 4:55 PM  

Kate,

These are just so awesome!
Wish I had been there!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP