Wednesday, August 5, 2009

9 months -- Delaware Baby Photographer

Are you melting? Me, too. I think we got just a little too spoiled in the beginning of summer with week after week of breezy, 70-degree weather. And now that the REAL Delaware summer weather has arrived, I'm just plain old not in the mood for it! Thankfully, I hear that my session tonight will include sprinklers. Phew. I might let the kids run through. Or, I might just stand in the middle of the sprinklers the entire time. We'll see.

And now on to the real point of this post: Miss Alexandra. She's becoming such a big girl ... with lots of teeth, even. Right at this stage, she looks so much like her Daddy that it's crazy!




I love her little almond-shaped eyes ...



And those little tears! Apparently her and Jack actually ARE very good friends ... but he must have caught her off guard here. I still think it's cute though : )



It was suuuuuuper hot when we were outside shooting. An awful lot like today. They were real troopers.





I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about Alexandra in this first picture that reminds me soooo much of her Mommy.







Isn't their backyard gorgeous?!!!



Oh, these next few. I just love them so much! Colors. Grit. CHICKENS! And a tutu. Sigh.



We shot these right out in front of Bloomsberry Flowers on Delaware Ave. It's such a cool place. For about six years, I worked for a company up on N. Union Street and everyday when I would walk by on my lunch break. My heart would just pitter patter at the sight of the place. So, I was super happy to do some photos out in front of it!








As always, I had such a great time working with you guys, Maggie! I can't wait to come back for her one-year pictures!!

Happy (steamy) Wednesday!
Kate

11 comments:

Tanna August 5, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

Love the ones in front of Bloomsberry Flowers, so bright and colorful! And the one with her and the jack-in-the-box...priceless :)

lindsa August 5, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

i just love the rich colors! so vibrant and happy. i just love it, love it, love it!

Anonymous August 5, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

I love them ALL! But I have to agree - the pictures in front of the flower shop are candies for the eye. Remember that Alexandra was literally stopping traffic! So funny - she was serenaded in Spanish by a total stranger - jajaja!

Kate August 5, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

You are so right, Maggie! I forgot to include that in the post. She was soooo cute that this nice guy just had to come over and sing to her! It was so sweet! : )

airika121 August 5, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

I know that flower shop too. It always cheered me up when I would do a delivery that was on the road to the right, right before it. Never went in it though...
I love the one with the watering can and the one next to it. Very peaceful looking

april August 5, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

Kate & Maggie,

I LOVE these pictures! However, I have to say my favorite it Maggie and little Alexandra making their "mean face" even then you both are beautiful! Keep Smiling...
april :)

Mini Baker August 6, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

Love the ones with the flowers. That baby is just precious! You really know how to capture the special moments between mother and daughter.
-Mini Baker

Anonymous August 7, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

This is crazy! even my Mother likes the "mean faces" pictures, she says it is cute! :) ... But I can't stop looking at the one prior to the last picture, the colors are rich and I love Alexandra's face, ... grumpy?

Kate August 7, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

Yup ... I think that the "mean" face photo wins! It gets my vote, too : )

Anonymous August 8, 2009 at 2:30 AM  

That tutu is to die for! The brilliant photos are just awesome... such great shots. I especially like the crying one - what a cutie - but I am a little obsessed with adorable pictures of babies crying - heh heh. I'd be honored if you'd ever like to guest post any of your work on my blog!
-liz

Anonymous August 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Hi Liz, Thanks for your compliments on the tutu, it took me about a week to finish and I stitched the rose petals by hand, I think I did a good jog for being my first tutu :) What's the url to your blog? - Maggie

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP