Tuesday, August 18, 2009

U of D Family -- Delaware Family Photographer

One of the questions I hear the most often is ... where, oh where should we go for our family session?! And usually, I try and let my clients come up with a spot that has some special meaning to them. Some people like to take their kids back to the site where they got married, for example. Others like to stay around the home (after all, it's where the heart is ; )). So, when Christina contacted me about hosting a picture party for her in-laws, I was excited to hear their idea for a location: the beautiful U of D campus. Not only does her father-in-law teach there, but all of the kids in the family went to U of D. I loved the idea! But all summer long they've been ripping apart areas of the campus, so I wasn't sure how well it would work out. Saturday evening arrived, however, and there was no construction. Campus was empty ... and very lovely. I must say, I always feel anxious when I walk through campus. I get flash backs to exams, papers, and a super heavy backpack.

So, here we go. A big ol' hodgepodge of family pictures.



Five sisters ... and one little brother. He's going to grow up soooooo loved : ) ...



This is what it looks like to be a Grandma. Somebody snuggling you. Somebody crying. Somebody pouting. And you're loving it : )



Me and science never really got along. I was your typical English Major who dreaded having to take a science class (with a lab ... eek!) in order to graduate. The class I took had something to do with rocks ... and I got a B. That's really all I remember. So, needless to say, I never set foot in Brown Hall when I was in school. But I did this weekend! This family is full of scientists, so it only made sense to take some pictures in one of the lecture rooms.



These next two crack me up.



















Check out her Pumas!!!!





The whole gang out in front of Brown Hall ...


We were just in time! The students have already started coming back to town and pretty soon that lovely campus will be over-crowded. I'm so glad that I had a chance to work there this summer. The grounds are beautiful. And it's so peaceful walking around there ... especially when there are no exams looming over your head. Or labs about rocks to attend.

You guys were so much fun! I'll have your full gallery of images ready soon : )

Happy Tuesday!
Kate


6 comments:

Christina August 18, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Just BEAUTIFUL Kate!! I can't wait to see them all!!!! You never, ever cease to amaze us!!! Thanks so much for working with our gigantic group!

Kate August 18, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

Christina, I was just about to e-mail you to tell you the preview is up : ) You're fast!!! Glad you like them so far!!! I had fun working with you guys, just like I knew I would : ) - Kate

Lilly August 18, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

These are too too cute. I can't wait to see every one... I think the walls of our apartment are going to end up papered with them!

Clark August 18, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

Better then I could have imagined! I am always amazed by the quality and beauty you find in your work. Many heartfelt thanks.

Amanda August 19, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

Awesomeeeeee!!! We love them, Kate. We can't wait to see the rest! =D

Janet August 20, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

Kate these are fantastic! I just love that Campus anyway, so how nice to see this wonderful, beautiful family fill it! Love all the outfits!
You are just full of surprises with your Talent!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP