Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vintage Baby -- Delaware Child Photographer

Most members of my family share a love for all things vintage, antique, or just plain used. We scour thrift stores, resale shops, antique stores, and flea markets ... especially when we're in Maine. When I was younger, I used to collect cat figurines. Why? I don't know. I just did. And they, in turn, collected a lot of dust. Then as I got older, there was my vintage clothing phase. I think I owned at least 200 polyester dresses at one time (no lie). And now, I'm constantly on the lookout for props. I have an entire room in my house dedicated to my finds. And one of the latest additions to my collections is a lovely little antique doll crib that my Grandfather found for me at a flea market in Maine. He offered to refinish it for me, but I love it just as it is.


Here's Miss Alexandra trying out the crib for the first time. I'm not going to lie. She didn't love it. Although, she liked it more than the hat ; ) ....





We shot these pictures up at the top of Brandywine Park, right at 7:30 when the light usually lays on people like a luxurious blanket of gold. I was so excited when I pulled in to the parking lot. It was beautiful. I walked the crib out to the grass and all of the sudden everything went dark. Sigh. A huge cloud covered up the sun for the rest of the evening. But it didn't matter ... this was still the perfect place for our shoot.



This shoot was a practice session for me. I have a lovely new lens that I'm working with and I wanted to take it out for a spin ; ) And because I like to give my practice sessions a theme, this shoot was "Organic Vintage Baby." I think we made it happen : )












I hope everyone is staying cool! Hang in there ... cooler weather is on the way!

Happy Thursday!
Kate

4 comments:

airika121 August 20, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

you sure did make your theme happen, and I LOVE that carriage!

Anonymous August 20, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

The sun was down under the dark clouds, it was hot, it was humid and it was time to go to bed ... But you pulled it off! The pictures came out so cute and with pretty good lighting too. My favorite is the one on the old crib, with the hat on where she is staring at the bunny rabit - su cute! she looks like a doll :-)
Thanks Kate! It was our pleasure working with you. Let us know when you get a new lense :0)
Maggie

Christina August 22, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

I love your ideas Kate!! So cute!!

Is the Bunny Rabbit part of the props or is this her comfort toy?
Just curious 'cause Taryn takes Mr. Bear EVERYWHERE!

amanda thiessen August 22, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

gorgeous!!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP