Thursday, December 18, 2008

The BIG Party:) - Delaware Portrait Photographer

I love picture parties. They give me a chance to meet so many new people ... and they're always fun. Rita Mae's group was no exception. They even braved it and had an outdoor party on a rather chilly day -- although the sun helped. I think it was the last time we saw the sun, come to think of it. And it doesn't look like it's coming back out anytime soon! So, I guess we were really fortunate. 


As fun as they are, though, picture parties are also challenging for me ... in a good way. With regular sessions, I have some time to get to know my subjects. I can get a feel for their personality and therefore take photos that are a great representation of who they are. But when I have only 10 or so minutes to work with a family, I have to think quick! So, here's a preview for each group with whom I worked. The rest should be ready in about a week. Thanks for being such fun people:) 


Every couple needs a tree shot. Loved the poof!

I love this age with little guys. They're always so cute with their Moms. I've got such sweet kissy shots with these two. 

I've worked with these sisters before and they're just so cute. And I love this picture of them. The hats rock!


I love to do snuggly shots on a cold winter day. I think this was the part of the day where the dog was patiently waiting for us while consuming an entire bag of treats.  

As soon as I saw her awesome coat and scarf, I thought of Urban Outfitters. I LOVE their catalogues. The pictures are usually kind of retro looking, and usually shot straight into the sun and a bit over-exposed. So, I shot some pictures with them in the same way ... and love the results.

Rita Mae gets another one ... since she was the hostess with the mostest. It's a lot of work to coordinate all those people!


Love their coordinating browns:)

I've worked with Heather's family a few times now, and they're so cute together. I love this one because of the look on the little guy's face. He was so cold that his little teeth were chattering. Is it wrong that I think his little half-smile/half-shivering look is just the cutest thing ever!??
I was only half-serious when I said, "go ahead, give him a kiss!" I'm so glad they did it. So cute! And amazingly enough, no one is making an I-just-smelled-a-rotten-onion face, like so many siblings do when I try and get them to pose for this shot:) 


What an adorable couple!!! Love this one:) 

This couple is recently engaged (note the ring). They were so sweet together. He even gave her extra kisses after we finished the kissing pictures. I think the big smiles say it all. Congrats, guys!


I love b/w family portraits:)

Thanks again to all the families for being so patient. It's hard to wait when it's cold! You were all great to work with. I hope I didn't miss anybody's preview pic. Let me know if I did!!

Also, stay tuned!!! I'll be posting about my new glamour partner in crime sometime really soon. Since December and January are officially glam months here at Precious Memories by Kate, I wanted to find some cool new offerings for anyone interested in doing glamour portraits. And I did. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. Bye for now ... - Kate


delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, wedding, delaware wedding photographer

3 comments:

Anonymous December 18, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

Nice pictures....I especially like the one of the two sisters, it looks like a GAP ad!

Anonymous December 18, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

great pictures!

Anonymous December 19, 2008 at 6:36 AM  

Great pictures Kate, all of the families look wonderful and happy, love the naturalness of the setting...yes, i too love Urban Outfitters ads...everyone looks great despite the brrrrrrrr....

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP