Saturday, December 6, 2008

Help me win!
My ad was recently selected as one of the 25 finalists in an ad contest from Lifestyle Portraiture. It's kind of a popularity contest because photographers are allowed to send their friends to the site to vote for them. But that's ok ... I still want to win! I sent out an e-mail to some folks ... and if you got a chance to vote for me ... thanks! If you haven't yet, I'd sooo appreciate it. I really want one of the prizes that they are offering:) Vote here. 

As for other news ... stay posted to learn the winner of the nominate a friend contest!! 

And now ... on to the pictures. And man, oh man! Are they SOME pictures. I love working with moms-to-be. Maternity photography may be my absolute favorite. (Although, I say that about seniors, newborns, babies ... ). So, when Rachel e-mailed me and asked me to do pictures for her, I was excited! Not just because I love maternity shoots, but also because I've known Rachel for such a long, long time. We had to reschedule a few times because her belly just wasn't growing fast enough (that's the beauty of maternity shots ... it's the only time you want your belly to be big!). We traveled all through the house and took some amazing pictures while reminiscing about the last time someone draped her in white and then took her picture (her bridal shower where we dressed her up in toilet paper. You know the game. Good times.). And like many moms-to-be, she was a little concerned about having her pictures taken because she's usually a bit camera shy. But, as you can see below, we got GORGEOUS pictures. I can't decide who she resembles more ... Cameron Diaz or Carmindy from "What Not to Wear." 

So, enjoy the pretty snow that's falling. I hope some sticks so that I'll have a great backdrop for my family session tomorrow morning! Have a great weekend - Kate


Normally, when I arrive at someone's house, we take a little tour and scope out some areas with nice light. Somehow I missed the dining room during that tour. And what an amazing dining room. Thankfully, I stumbled across it at the end of our session. I'm SOOO glad that I did! Even the cat joined in the fun:)




I LOOOOOVE this one below ...


delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, wedding, delaware wedding photographer

3 comments:

Anonymous December 6, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

kate,

I love the way you have once again captured the beauty of motherhood. I believe that your pictures are getting better and better over time. Rachael looks beautiful. I know the portraits from the rest of the session will be just as lovely.

Anonymous December 11, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

Hi Rachel!! Congratulations! These pictures are beautiful!- hope you are feeling "beautiful"! Come visit the Iron Hill Congregation- we'd love to see you guys! Love, Deb and Bob Williams

Anonymous December 12, 2008 at 5:09 PM  

Hey There Beautiful Sister-Law. These pictures bring out what we already know, that your are a beautiful person. Looking forward to my new nephew! Love You, Andy and Todd

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP