Monday, December 29, 2008

Mommy & Me Cupcake Session -- New Jersey Child Photographer

There's something very special about watching the interaction between a mother and her child. And while I normally capture pictures of parents hugging, kissing, and running around with their little ones, Tanna and I decided to try out something a little different. I've seen other photographers post pictures of families baking cookies together ... and I've always loved the results. So, I talked Tanna into a Mommy & Me session of cupcake baking (and eating, of course!). It took a little convincing, since it was both mother and daughter's first time making cupcakes. But they turned out great. (I think Betty would be proud!) And as you can see in the photos below, Maliya had an absolute blast. I think they'll be baking cupcakes more often now!!







See ... I told you she was super excited!!


This next one might be my favorite!






Yummmm!!! So good. Because of my gluten allergy, I didn't get to taste them. But, looking at that face, you KNOW those cupcakes were yummy!


And then, it was on to a quick tea party. 


And finally, the sugar high wore down a little and she took a break on their photo-perfect sofa. 


This is just a very small preview of all the amazingly cute pictures we took together. I'll have the rest ready in a week or so. Meanwhile, if you'd like to schedule a fun Mommy & Me session during the winter months, shoot me an e-mail or give me a call so we can pick the perfect activity for you and your little one!! - Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, wedding, delaware wedding photographer

7 comments:

Anonymous December 29, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

I'm so glad you did convince me to do this, it was a fun day! And I'm sure Maliya was happy, who knows when she would have had her first cupcake if it weren't for Aunt Kate introducing them to her:)

Anonymous December 29, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

Great idea Kate! These pictures are so precious...crazy how something so simple can be so beautiful!
aunt april:)

Kate December 29, 2008 at 10:50 PM  

Yes ... Aunt Kate loves all things to do with food!!!:)

Anonymous December 30, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

Kate, as I always say...you're amazing! You really do a fantastic job. My Momma loved the pictures. I still find it hysterical how it was both Tanna and Maliya's first time baking cupcakes...we all know Tanna loves her sweets! =) Love ya, Tan! Anyways, again, great job, it was funny seeing you do your thing- you're wonderful at what you do!

Anonymous December 30, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

I LOVE the Sofa pic! Beautiful!

Anonymous December 30, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

How about a Daddy and me session? The guys with their cars-motorcycles-tools-remote controls!! The girls just shouldn't get to have all the fun!!

Anonymous December 31, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

Kate once again you captured Maliya and her many faces. I agree with Nana I love the sofa shot. But also I love the picture of her eating. This is one time she didn't care about being messy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP