Monday, June 29, 2009

iHeart Faces -- Wedding Bells

Waiting. I'm still waiting. My hard drive comes in tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm stuck. I can't upload any new pictures ... and it's killing me! I have some seriously amazing pictures that I'm dying to work on from the last couple of days ... and I can't! Well, the good part about that is that it gives me a chance to enter the iHeart Faces challenge this week. I haven't done that in forever, so here we go : )

The theme this week is weddings. Now, it just so happens that I've worked with some gorgeous brides. I mean, BEAUTIFUL! I have so many lovely, lovely images of happy, smiling brides and at first I thought that I'd use one of those. But, then I decided to go back to my very first wedding and pull out what still remains to be one of my very favorite pictures. Technically speaking, there's nothing too thrilling about this image. But emotionally, I think it's wonderful. If you know Mark, then you know how sad he was having to give his daughter away. Right after the wedding she was moving to England with her husband. It was a tough time for the family. But despite all the pain that shines in his eyes, he still pulled out a smile for his little girl. I'm so, so glad that I hit the shutter right at THAT exact moment.




Be sure and check out all the great entries over at iHeart faces

Happy Monday!
Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, kate callahan

5 comments:

Rosina June 29, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

Now, this is a moment you DON'T see every day. How precious. Touching. Sweet. It has so many emotions, great job!

algreig June 29, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

I LOVE this shot!! so special, you can feel his emotion--nice.

Kate June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

Thanks, girls : )

Elizabeth July 1, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

Beautiful.
Such a priceless shot.

Emily Dobson July 1, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

Wow, what an amazing moment you captured here! And "technically speaking" I think it has some great lighting! Way to go! Good post.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP