Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ballerina Shots -- Delaware Senior Photographer

Waaaaaay back in January of this year, I put out a casting call for a fabulous ballerina. The goal? To capture some lovely images for my Beautiful You gallery. Elaine, who dances at the Delaware Dance Company, volunteered for the job, and we were finally able to do the shoot. It was a close call, though. The sky was threatening us the entire time we shot in Gibraltar. But, the rain held off. And except for one giant crowd of power walkers that whizzed through the gardens (while whistling what I guess they thought was ballet music), we had the place to ourselves. And we got some amazing shots. So many that this is a giant share. I wish I could let each of these images sit on their own, instead of as twos and threes, but you'd be scrolling for a mile. Maybe two.







Poor Elaine. I pulled out some of my old tulle dresses ... the ones that REALLY itch ... and she didn't even flinch. She was a really good sport. I love how this dress looks in the garden.



I love these!! So cute!!



I think that this next one might be my favorite. There's just something about it that I love. 











What? You don't water your plants like this? ...











Yowsa! Elaine is an AMAZING jumper. AMAZING. The garden wasn't the greatest place for jumping shots ... just because no matter where you go, there's a busy background. But, I couldn't pass up the chance to get some shots!





Whew ... told you I had lots of images to share! A special thanks to Elaine and her Mom for helping me out with this project. I had so much fun!! I'll let you know when your full gallery is ready for you. 

Happy Thursday!
 - Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, kate callahan

2 comments:

airika121 June 11, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

love em! especially the ones by the pond. and for the record, I'm going to buy that gate...one day...it shall be mine!

Holley June 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

Love them kate...it is so soft and regal and like a fairy tale some of them. Nice job :)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP