Monday, June 1, 2009

Rainy Day at Boothbay -- Maine Child Photographer

I rounded the corner into Boothbay Harbor and snuggled into my fleece a little deeper. 44 degrees! That's what the sign at the bank said. "What a day for pictures!" I thought as I watched the windshield wipers slide back and forth ... back and forth. But Christina, Tim, and Taryn aren't wimps. And they decided to brave it. After all, how often do you get to have your picture taken professionally while you're on vacation? I was glad they were willing to brave it, but I wasn't sure how well we'd do. How happy could a one-year-old child be with rain pelting down in her face? Well, in Taryn's case, the answer is ... pretty happy ...









What on earth was Mommy doing in this next one?? Whatever it was, it must have been pretty fun judging by their  reaction!













I love these last two. So sweet : ) 


It's been raining A LOT up here. I mean A LOT! But, today it's absolutely beautiful. The sun is out, the smell of pine is thick in the air, and the lupines are just about to hit their peak. I'll share some landscape shots soon. Most of all, I've been enjoying the laid back way of life up here. I enjoy that every year. Things are slower up here. People are so friendly.They stop and let you out when you're trying to exit a parking lot. They smile and wave as you walk by in town. This morning, as I was shopping in the co-op, I stopped and asked an employee for some assistance with the mangos. (Yes, I needed assistance with mangos.) I NEVER cut them at the right time. It's either too ripe, or not ripe enough. So, I asked what I'm doing wrong. She told me. But then she went and cut open a mango and gave it to me to eat ... for no reason. Just because she's nice. And it just so happened to be the best mango I've ever tasted. So yummy!

Happy Monday (from Maine)!
- Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, kate callahan

6 comments:

Anonymous June 1, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

What a brave baby! love the pictures with the teddy bear... so sweet. And what a back drop! the scenery beautiful, even the grey clouds look good :-)

Once again, good job Kate!

Maggie K.

Brianna Phelan June 1, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

Holy freaking cuteness...and then some! I love these so much!

airika121 June 1, 2009 at 11:01 PM  

I LOVE those clouds!

Kate June 2, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Thanks, girls!!! Little Miss Taryn is such a trooper!!!!

april:) June 2, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

rainy days never looked so cool! wish i was there with ya!

Kate June 2, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

April, my Mom spotted your twin over the weekend! Remind me to tell you about it!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP