Saturday, June 6, 2009

It's all Little Red Riding Hood's Fault!

Now there's an exclamation I never thought I'd make. And yet, as I sat there waiting for a tow truck, red cape crumpled in the back seat of the car, mosquitoes swarming about, I wondered if I should tell the guy the truth. Should I tell him that my Mom and I were out in the woods taking pictures of me dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood when suddenly, the car got stuck? (Side note: My brother recommended that I not remove the cape and just ask the guy when he arrived if he knew the way to my Grandmother's house. And then wait for a reaction. He also suggested that I wear the outfit home on Monday and stop in at the highway rest areas and ask the kind people at the information desk if they could give me directions to my Grandmother's house. He's a funny guy, my brother.) 


So, why were we out taking Little Red Riding Hood pictures in the first place, you ask? Well, simply put, because I thought it would make for some fun pictures. And I wanted to see if I could not look sad and grumpy in a picture ... which is how I always look when my picture is taken. Sad. Grumpy. And like I'm going to cry. See ... here are some my Mom shot of me at Pemaquid Lighthouse a few days ago. 









I wanted to look peaceful ... but it just comes out looking sad. (And no, I haven't brushed my hair in a week. I've washed it, but that's about it. And yes, I know that the bottom half is a completely different color than the top. We'll just call it a transitional phase.) So, I thought that maybe what I needed was a scene ... or a little story to act out. I've been thinking about doing a Little Red Riding Hood shoot with someone ... so I decided to see if it would work. (Side note: I'd LOVE to try another theme or story with someone else! Keep this in mind if you're thinking about a Beautiful You shoot. It's fun to tell a story with your photos!)

So, off I went down the lane to my Grandmother's house ...




Into the woods I went ... where, apparently, I saw something VERY shocking. (And yes, Bella was totally embarrassed to be with me.)



Finally! Grandmother's house (aka, the laundry house of one our neighbors down the lane). 











I copied this next pose off of the cover of the Nancy Drew book I was reading ... a fact that confirms what you've been thinking as you read this post: Yes. I'm truly a dork. 




So, anyway, the tow truck came and the guy was just as nice as could be. He got us out and didn't even laugh. This little adventure, however, did kind of mess up my day today. I was supposed to be preparing to leave Sunday morning, but that's going to have to be pushed forward a day. I have a super busy week ahead of me, so that's kind of a bummer. But, it is nice to get one more day here in Maine. It's just so lovely here. I'm going to be sad to leave. And two of the memories that I'll miss the most are posted right below ...

1. The view. I wake up to this view every morning. I fall asleep to it, too. The moon lights up the lake at night. 


2. My grandfather's seafood dinner. He was happy as a little clam (pardon the pun). And I must say, he does look pretty fabulous for 92!


So, it's all Little Red Riding Hood's fault. I'll be home a day late. But feel free to contact me via e-mail with any questions. I'll be returning phone calls on Tuesday. 

Happy Saturday!
Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, kate callahan

8 comments:

april June 7, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

kate,

even when you are telling a story, you always look beautiful in your pictures....keep smiling:)

always-april christine.

Kate June 7, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

sniff, sniff. Thanks, April : ) I think we should do a little bo peep shoot for you. You grab the pink ribbon and I"ll go find some sheep : )

See you soon!
- Kate

airika121 June 7, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

It's horrible, I am right there with your brother, you totally should have done that to the tow truck guy and at the rest stop.

Tanna June 7, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Kate, I love the one with you sitting on the rocks at the lighthouse. And you rocked "Little Red Riding Hood" perfectly, your outfit, the basket and what a perfect Grandmother's house. I like the very first picture of you at Grandmother's house your expression is like, "Oh, no she didn't"!

Janet June 8, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

I LOVE These pics! You are a Beautiful Women Katie Girl not only inside but out as well!
Love the Story you are too cleaver!
Next time do Dorothy & Toto from Oz

Anonymous June 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

Kate,
You look absolutely beautiful in your pictures, and I absolutely love the whole "little red riding hood" theme , it just fit you so well. Oh and by the way, your hair looks beautiful ..people pay for their hair to be that color. It looks great.
-Julia

Kate June 9, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

thanks, erika, tanna, janet, and julia : ) I appreciate it!! I hope you gals are all well and aren't melting away. Geez. It's hot down here!

Lindsay June 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Finally pictures of the lovely photographer! Cute pics. It was good to see the latest and cutest of granddad too!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP