Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Head Shots -- Pennsylvania Child Photographer

We made it! I'm up here in Maine with my family and we're enjoying a, well, interesting start to our little vacation. My grandfather's house is in the middle of the woods right on a lake ... which is just wonderful during the summer. Normally I show up, drop my bags, open all the windows, and jump in the lake. Yesterday didn't go quite so smoothly. I showed up, walked in, said ... "ew, what's that smell?" and looked around suspiciously at a big old mess in the house. Lamps knocked over. Paintings off the wall. Little holes chewed in the ceiling. A mess! As the night went on, we discovered that the dryer vent had been left open and a furry little critter must have made his way into the house. He had quite the party. We decided that it must have been a squirrel along with all of his favorite little mouse friends, who very kindly left little droppings all over the house. And then this morning, it was confirmed. Yes. A squirrel. We know this because as my Mom was stripping all the linens off the bed in the room that fared the worst, she found the little culprit. Dead, of course. Which explains the smell. So, slowly, very slowly we're getting everything in order so that the rest of the summer will be nothing but relaxation. I'll be up here for not quite two weeks this trip, and then I'll be working up here the first three weeks in July.

But enough about mouse droppings ... Linda is anxiously awaiting her preview! So, here we go ...

Linda called me so that we could get some beautiful photos of her cute-as-a-button daughter. She wants to submit them to some agencies because people are always telling her, "She should model!" So, she figured she'd give it a whirl. Check out these eyes!!










Linda also wanted to get a shot or two of her two daughters together. 









Here she is demonstrating her sporty skills, too. 



Love this next one!











We have Linda to thank for this next shot. She dumped some water on her other daughter's head just to get a reaction out of our model. It was very effective. 


And then on to some DQ. These girls nailed themselves two treats each. The annoying old photographer wanted them to have a cone. But that's not their favorite. So as a "reward" for cooperating, they got blizzards after finishing off the cones. 





And a random shopping cart. I've been wanting to stick someone in a shopping cart for a while now. So, I'm glad we found it  : ) 







And I'll leave you with the shot that will certainly have her booking jobs all over the world.


Tomorrow I'll be working with a family right along the coast ... so hopefully the weather will cooperate. I'm not sure. It's kind of dreary up here right now. It's the perfect day for a Nancy Drew book and a soy latte. 

Happy Wednesday!
Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, kate callahan

4 comments:

Tanna May 27, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Kate...ONLY YOU:) what a way to start your vacation! Hope the rest of your time is critter-free. What cute pics and I am so loving your new prop, the blue chair. It's a shame you couldn't add the shopping cart to your collection too (that would be kinda hard to carry around in your car)!

Kate May 27, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Hi Tanna!!! Thanks : ) And yes ... I'm REALLY hoping that we'll be sans critter from here on out (well, at least in the house). As for the blue chair ... sigh ... it's not mine. I made them drag it out when I saw it!!!! And as for the shopping cart ... I just might stick one in my car. I've already given up the idea that it will ever be tidy again. So, hey, why not add a shopping cart, too! Hope you girls are well : )

Anonymous May 28, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

Hi Kate!

Oh! this pictures are so cute! ... love the ones in the shopping cart, where do you carry all these big props?! jee jee!

I hope that you and your Mom are finally installed and are enjoying the beauty of Maine, after all the minor inconveniences that the little critters caused. I see that you have been working very hard, you have published so many galleries and of you have gorgeous pictures all over.... of course, I can't wait to see my Alexandra's galley! - hint - hint! :-)

Have a great time!
Maggie K

Kate May 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Thanks, Maggie!! Don't worry ... your adorable gallery is coming soon!!!!! : ) Hope you guys are well! - Kate

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP