Monday, May 18, 2009

SO Big -- Delaware Family Photographer

From the time I was born, I've spent some time up in Maine every summer. I love it up there so much. So, a few months back, I came up with a little plan. I thought, "hmm, wouldn't it be fun to do some portrait work up there this summer?" The answer of course was "Yes. Yes it would." (Kind of a no brainer, I know.) So this year, I'll be spending the first three weeks of July working (and playing, too, of course) in Maine. I'll also be spending the next couple of weeks there. I decided to go up now to shoot some promos for July. I was originally going to put out a casting call here on the blog, but then I thought, "Nah! No one down here would want to travel 10 hours north for pictures!" And then it happened! Christina and I were working out details for her recent session, and I mentioned that I was leaving for Maine next week. Well, turns out they'll be up there the same time as me! What a cool coincidence! So, watch for their Maine session next week. I've got a great little spot all picked out. Meanwhile, here's their Delaware session. They chose a pretty great little spot here, too. Complete with a buttercup field. Hopefully we'll have a nice lupine field to work in next week. We'll see : )  

I can't believe how grown-up Taryn is now! Here she is a year ago ...




And here she is now ...













She's definitely her momma's girl. 



But she loves her Daddy, too. 



Check out the next picture on the right. This is Tim's little trick ... I caught it at their six-month session, too. This time, though, it was too hilarious to watch her throw her head back in pure delight and laughter as she balanced on her Daddy's hand. 











Look at those two little teefers!! She really gets a kick out of her parents!







And here she is confirming it for us. Yes. She really is SO big now ...


I had the best time working with you guys, as always. And I can't wait for our Maine session! If you see a moose ... call me! I'll be right over!

Watch for more Maine details to come. And hey, if you're planning a trip up north in July, give me a buzz! There's no better backdrop for photos than the Maine coast. Just ask Bella. I shot about 400 of her last summer. She BEGGED me to go out and find other people so she can just lie around on the dock this year. She also requested a few yogurt-covered dog treats (with sprinkles, of course) from the natural pet food store. Only in Maine do you find things like a natural pet food store. It's right next to the co-op that is decorated with huge pictures of the families that grow the food being sold in the store. Love it.

Happy Monday (almost Tuesday)!
Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, kate callahan

2 comments:

Christina May 19, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

Oh, Kate, they are just perfect!!! I LOVE all of the previews! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us with the rest.

You are absolutely the best!!

Can't wait to see you in Maine! Yippie!

Kate May 19, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

I'm so glad you like them : ) I have sooo many more cute ones! And I can't wait to see what we get up in Maine! You know I'll be pulling out my buoys and lobster traps : )

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP