Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gone Fishin' -- Delaware Child Photographer

I had a vision. Yes, a little dream. (I have them all the time, actually. I just normally don't remember my ideas an hour later.) For some reason, this little vision stuck with me and I decided that I had to make it happen. I just kept seeing in my mind an old-fashioned photo with a mischievous little boy (fresh out of an episode of The Little Rascals) fishing on a lazy summer afternoon. I thought about it and thought about it. And when you think about something long enough ... finally you have to just bite the bullet and make it happen. But where would I find such a little boy? I racked my brain and came up with the ONE and ONLY person who could do the job: Nick. I know A LOT of cute kids. LOTS of them. But I don't know any other kid quite like him. He plays outside more than in. His legs are often covered in mud from the nearby creek. He loves to fish. He hates when his father calls him in for dinner. And he even comes over and offers to help me whenever he spots me with groceries or working in the garden ... and not because someone told him, too. So I asked. And YAY! They said "yes!"

A special thanks goes out to his father for carting him all the way up to Valley Garden -- the long way. And another special thanks to him for providing the perfect little shorts to go with my suspenders. It's a good thing he's a quick thinker because we arrived at the park and he looked at me and said, "Where are the pants?" "Uh, I thought you had the pants," I said. Oops. (Sorry again about that!) One quick trip to Rags to Riches resale shop and we were back in business. And I LOVE the results.









Here's Bella demonstrating her great versatility as a model. She's soooo much more than just dresses and froofroo girls shoots.



And she even had her own trainer watching over her. Thanks, Sam : ) 



I think that this next one is probably my favorite. I just love it. 





Although, I kind of love this one, too. 











Thanks so much guys! I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your help!

And here's a preview to the preview for Jen. More to come tomorrow!! : ) 


Happy Wednesday!
 - Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, kate callahan

3 comments:

Tanna May 21, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

You captured your vision just perfectly, great model, location and love the hat and suspenders.....just too cute and I could so see him on an episode of The Little Rascals.

april May 21, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

As an orginal "Valley" Garden girl, I've never seen this place look so cool! Keep up the good work, you get better and better with each shoot!

always,
april:)

Kate May 21, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

Thanks, Tanna : ) Hope you guys are all well up there!!!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP