Monday, July 27, 2009

Car Rides -- Delaware Wedding Photographer

When we were younger, my friends and I took a lot of trips. And I mean ... A LOT of trips. And while the destinations were always great, the car rides were sometimes even better. We had the BEST time driving all over the place. We laughed, cried, and shared our hopes and dreams. I miss those times. But this weekend, I got a little taste of the old days. My best friend was down from Montreal for her little sister's wedding and although I couldn't be with them for the wedding itself, I did get to spend the day with her and her family on Sunday at the beach. And just like the old days, the car ride was full of laughter. And even though we only had a tiny portion of our old gang riding in that car, it reminded me of how much I love my friends and how amazing it is to still have the same relationships with them year after year, decade after decade. I was even half tempted to get some clam chowder ... just for April.

I was so sorry to miss Travis and Lauren's wedding. And I can't wait to see the pictures!! I'm sure they'll be beautiful. As for me, I was off in a castle. That's right, a castle. Danielle & Steve's wedding was absolutely gorgeous. I'll post a full preview in a day or so, but for now, here's a tiny sneak peak. Danielle was absolutely stunning.



Happy Monday!
Kate
delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, kate callahan

8 comments:

Lindsay July 28, 2009 at 7:56 AM  

Our car rides together actually translate into free therapy sessions! Thanks for coming with us on Sunday and always making yourself available even when its not the most convenient. It was so good to see you and yet way too short of a trip. I was going through withdrawel in the car on the way home. Oh, and that bride shot is gorgeous!

Brenda July 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

WOW!!! This image is instant access to a very joyful memory for me. Kate, you were awesome! Thank you so much. I can't wait to see the rest. Now, I have to dry my tears of joy...Brenda

Anonymous July 28, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Kate!Steve and I can't thank you enough...we're loving our honeymoon and can not wait to view our pictures! You and amie were the best!

april July 28, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

kate,
what i would have done to be in that car yesterday with you and linds....but until next time, i'll trade you my clam chowder for your Dr. Pepper:)
love you and miss you much,
april

Amie Schroeder July 28, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

Car ride and an awesome wedding...you couldn't get rid of me this weekend Kate if you tried. Thanks again for having me with you on that wedding. And Congrats Steve and Danielle - your wedding was tooo pretty.

lindsay July 29, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

I must be blogging retarded. I sent a message but it didn't work!

Kate July 29, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Nope. It was all my fault. I somehow missed your comment. It's there now. Sorry!!! : )

april July 29, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

Kate,

Who ever knew that a single lense could capture moments that are the beginning of something so beautiful...love.
keep up the good work
april christine

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP