Sunday, July 5, 2009

Everyone Should Have a Lindsay

If you've read my bio on my Beautiful You site, then you already know about my best friend. Lindsay. She's been my best friend since we were about 14. And we have her mother ... and our love of food ... to thank for it. Her Mom approached me one day and said, "Hey, Kate. Would you like to go to Weight Watchers with Lindsay?" Now, you'd think I would have been hurt. But I wasn't. I just agreed to go. And we've been best friends ever since. No lie. Now, she may kill me for posting these pictures. But I just couldn't help myself. We have such a history together. And look at what Weight Watchers did for us! We went from frumpy (on the left) ... to fabulous! (well, 90's fabulous, anyway.) Hard to believe we were only 14!! I think we look way older.



We never talked on the phone much since we were pretty much always together. Either in my Mom's mini van or her Mom's station wagon.



We went to our first formal together when we were 16



We (along with Heather and Tina) were dorks in the honor society.



We graduated together ...





... had a graduation party together with Heather ...



 ... attended a ridiculous number of formals ...



and took the BEST vacations together ...















And when the whole gang got together for the annual ski trip in the Pokonos, you and I always shared the same passion ...



You totally supported me even after I went and got a perm so that I could have blonde curls like Pamela Anderson. (Although, you should have told me that you don't get that kind of curl with a perm. You need rollers! Well, alright. I was the one who went to cosmetology school so I should have KNOWN that.)


We've always made each other laugh ... at, well ... nothing ...



You came to see me when I lived in Canada. And you even brought your cat hat (much to Ted's delight ... and poor Phillipe's chagrin!) ...





When we toured the Louvre, you and Frank took turns pushing me in the wheel chair despite the fact that everyone was staring at us (note the lady below). I had no idea that my discs had broken apart ... all I knew is that it absolutely KILLED to stand for more than 10 seconds. Yet, despite being in probably the worst pain I've ever felt, I still had the best time. We still laughed.





We have LOTS of wedding memories ...




No one ever just invited Kate or Lindsay somewhere. It was always Lindsay AND Kate. And no wonder. Look how fun we are ...



We even perfected a pose ...



We took the BEST road trips!





We watched about a million movies in my living room.



We share the same faith.





And thankfully (for me), you married my friend. Good thing, too, because if I didn't like your husband, we'd have some problems!



Hey ... remember when you thought we weren't going to throw you a bridal shower!!!??





Hey ... remember when my hair was waaaaaay too blonde and you were reeeeeally burnt?! But it was ok because we were having breakfast at Cracker Barrel.



We really are fabulous ...


Thank you so much for being my best friend, Lindsay. You've seen me through the worst times. Laughed with me through the best. I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful friend. Love yah!

Happy Sunday!
Kate
delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, kate callahan

19 comments:

Lindsay July 6, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

I was in shock when I checked your site this morning! I wasn't sure whether to cry because I'm so touched or cry because of those ugly pictures! Where was Photo Shop in those days???? Thank-you so much for your loving tribute. I couldn't help but burst out lauging at some of those pictures. What a wonderful time, never to be forgotten. Love you woman!

Kate July 6, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

I knew I'd get a comment out of you with this post ; )

airika121 July 6, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

I LOVE this post :) perhaps because I know both of you and just about everyone in the other pics (Kimmy and Heather, etc), but mainly because you guys have always had each other for so long. Its so cute and sweet :) And shushhh Lindsay, you know you both are so beautiful!

Janet July 6, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

Kate,

Thanks I really enjoyed taking that trip of your special Friendship.
I have a Friend like that I have had since we were 3yrs old!
The only thing we don't share YET is our Faith!
I am still working on her with that!
Wish we had pics like these they are fantastic & I love the last one!

Me July 6, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

I'm back! I have already looked at these pictures 4 or 5 times today. It really is amazing what we have done and been through over the years. I just want to thank-you again for being there after all these years. I couldn't have made without you. Love you lots!!

Kate July 6, 2009 at 5:53 PM  

I know ... me, too!!! Every hour or so I glance through them again. Crazy, crazy, crazy. And that's only the tip of the iceberg for memories ... and pictures! : )

Tanna July 6, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

Love these pictures, it's so fun looking back at old pictures! It brings back a lot of memories. I didn't met you two till a few years later but I love to reminisce about the days of the FABULOUS FOUR...Kate, Lindsay, April and Myself, those were good times :)

Kate July 6, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Oh yes ... we were quite the group! Man, did we have fun. No doubt there will have to be another blog post to commemorate all that fun. Starting with that big giant party we threw!!! The trip to Cooper Emergency Room. Block Rockin' Beats. Willimina ... (I won't say). Oh geez ... I could go on and on!!!

april July 6, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

Kate,

This is the 2nd time I have looked at these pictures. But my 1st post. I have loved taking this stroll down memory lane with you. Yes, it is WONDERFUL to have an "other half" through a beautiful friendship w/ a fellow sister. What's most wonderful is that we have proved that is possible to maintain a friendship despite distance and marriage. Happy belated 16 year anniversary to my "other half" (shout out to Maliya's mommy). LOVE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!!!

APRIL:)
PS. Can we please keep the Cooper Emergency Room out of the public eye...:)

Kate July 6, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

Oh, April! I wouldn't do that to you! However, I must say, I still crack up every single time I drive by that hospital!!!! Good times, good times. : )

Lindsay July 7, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

Thanks for bringing back the memory of the Cooper Emergency Room! One of the best!!!

Tanna July 7, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

16 years of friendship with many more to come, love ya April! Hey guys remember leaving NJ one night (after quite a conversation at Rita's)to go home and going the wrong way on Rt.55, realizing it when we started smelling the shore!! And don't forget coming home from NY w/an "oversized load" in the car :).....I could go on and on!

Lindsay July 7, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Tanna, thank-you so much for bringing it all back. Who was the poor girl who had to sit on the gear shift??

Kate July 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

Oh ... I so remember those nights!! That was hilarious!!! We could smell the beach ... and we were like ... um, did we go the wrong way? 55 is confusing ... I still have a hard time with it! And as for the gear shift ... I think that was Fab. I don't remember much from that ride home. I think I've blocked it out. I do know that I was in the back on the bottom of the pile of girls. I do believe the official count was nine girls in a honda accord. Good times.

april July 7, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

Kate,

I have to say one of my favorite memories of you is the Dr.Pepper "open window" incident coming home from TAH in the good ole' Jetta! Plus our first "offical" outting together w/ just the two of us...white water rafting! Many more, but that one always makes me smile. I hope you remember.
love,
april

Lindsay July 7, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

I was on the bottom of the pile as well. I think Tanna was the one lying across us. I remember my arms and hands going numb and the morning breath we all had by the time we arrived in Delaware!

Kate July 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

Oh, the Jetta! We had soooo many good times in that stupid car! And that White Water Rafting trip was one of THE best ever!!! I was just looking at those pictures! Good ole' Bern. And yes, Lindsay ... I do believe Tanna was the one on top. And to think I can't even ride in the back seat of a car now without getting motion sick! Geez ... I've gotten old.

Kate July 7, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

oh, the clam chowder! I came across that picture, too, when I was putting this together. I was going to post it ... but then I thought April might kill me. Maybe we'll save that one for next week ; )

Tanna July 7, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

I was the one lying across all of you in the back seat and I must say I was quite comfortable...LOL!!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP