Friday, July 10, 2009

Two Cute Shoots -- Delaware Child Photographer

When I bought my house years ago, the very FIRST thing I did was choose some wallpaper for the kitchen and main entry. I absolutely fell in love with a Waverly cottage rose pattern. Now normally, I tire of all things decor within a year. But I never got tired of that wallpaper. I painted my dining room to match. Bought furniture in the living room with very a very similar pattern. I even found two rugs with the same pattern. So, when I grew tired of my lavendar bedroom a few years back, it was hardly a surprise that I wanted to bring my no-fail pattern upstairs, too. But, I fought the urge. I mean, who does their entire house in the same pattern?! Instead, I painted the room beige and did a chocolate stripe wall on one end of the room. Taped off by my mother because I just couldn't get the lines straight. It was a lot of work ... and I hated the result. After a year, I couldn't take it anymore, so I decided to throw wallpaper over the striped wall. I saw a ton of gorgeous vintage cottage rose papers ... but once again, I fought the urge. Instead, I bought this textured cream-colored stuff that I thought would look like a cool old vintage wall. My Mom put up the wallpaper for me (yeah, I can't do that either) and it was ... ugly. Oh, so ugly. It looked like a cheap stick-on floor had crawled it's way up the wall. As I lay there looking at the ugliness night after night, it became apparent what I needed to do. I ripped it down and my kind mother put up even more wallpaper for me. And this time I got it right. A vintage cottage rose paper. Not the same as the one below, but pretty close. And then I found a Waverly bedspread that IS the same pattern as the one below. So, of course, I got it. And all was well. Finally.

Then one day, as I was shopping in Once Upon a Child, I came across the pattern once again! A 3T Gap outfit made out of that gorgeous cottage vintage rose pattern. All I could see was a little girl bouncing on the bed. I told Tanna about it and we decided that we'd add that shoot to our list (yes, we have a list of shoots we want to do). Well, yesterday we crossed two shoots off our list, starting with "the bedroom" shoot.














And then we traveled over to the William's house for "the tub shoot." We've actually been planning this one for a looooong time. Originally I was thinking we'd do it out in a field in the middle of no-where. But then, one day, as I was sitting with Debbie on her porch, I couldn't help but notice the lovely old clothes line that hangs across their backyard. And that was it. I HAD to do this shoot in their yard. Tanna found the most perfect little bathing suit, and I made a little bathing cap to match. I picked out exactly the right clothes for the clothes line, we filled up the tub with Dora bubbles, and got to work. 





How do you get the kind of reaction from a child that you'll see in the next picture? It's easy. Fill a tub with water from a hose. That water is coooooold. 





We did have a two-year-old melt down not long after we began. But Debbie saved the day. All it took was one orange popsicle.










Thanks, girls! That was so much fun!!!!!

Happy Friday!
Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, kate callahan

8 comments:

Tanna July 10, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

I think "the bedroom" shoot should be changed to "the shabby-chic" shoot, your room looks very Rachel Ashwell. And Maliya just loved jumping on Aunt Kate's bed! And despite the meltdown the bathtub pictures are absolutely adorable, her expressions are priceless. And thanks again to Debbie for saving the day :)

Anonymous July 13, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

You've captured such innocence and joy in the pictures of her jumping on the bed. And the outdoor pictures are the true essence of summer....just lovely!

Nanna July 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

WOW, Breathtaking just Breathtaking is all I can say about the Bedroom shoot!
You truely captured her beauty & her wonderful fun loving spirit!
Your the BEST Aunt Kate

lindsay July 13, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

REAlly CUTE!

Anonymous July 15, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

I seriously just want to eat little Maliya up with a spoon!!!!!!!! Once my workload gets to a more manageable level, I can't WAIT to design more clothes for her! :)

Tanna July 15, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

We'll be anxiously waiting to see what beautiful designs you come up with this time!

Kate July 16, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

Wait until you hear my next idea, Julie! I'll have to e-mail it to you for some extra inspiration (as if you needed it!)

Janet July 16, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

You have captured the Lazy Days of Summer! Love it!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP