Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Whew. -- Delaware Child Photographer

I've decided that I'm no longer going to call myself a child photographer. No. My shoot today sealed the deal. I'm an Extreme Child Photographer. Yes. That's right. Extreme. Not just one little cute kid. Not two. We had seven little ones out in a location where they weren't allowed to touch anything. Just look at it. And not a tree in site to block the bright sun. When it was all said and done, I sat in my car with the AC on high, gulped down my lemonade, and sighed. Whew. But it was worth it. Because we turned the cute dial waaaaaay up on this one. Off the charts even.

Major shout out to all my models and Moms (and Nannas) who worked super, super hard today despite the bright, bright, bright, hot sun. Not one cloud was in the sky and we were working right out in the middle of an area with absolutely NO trees. It was a huge challenge for us all. Kids get cranky in the sun. Moms get tired of cranky kids. Photographers HATE full sun. But, we did it! We made it work.


I'm kinda looking like a hillbilly lobster right now ... so I hope that everyone else pulled through ok. This was a commercial shoot, so I'm not able to share the pictures just yet. And it's killing me. I can give you a little clue as to where we were photographing, though. Below is big sis' Kayla. She wasn't modeling any clothes today. She was there to coach on her little sis', aka, my roller-skating two year old.


I hope everyone is having a fabulous week!!
- Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, kate callahan

3 comments:

airika121 July 15, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

I love the pictures of Kayla from before, but I must say, I love this one the most I think :) might have to go in my decor somewhere when we renovate (and this is the kind of look I was talking about for the mermaid idea! finally, I don't have to explain via text!) I am anxiously waiting for the picture of skatin Emma!

Kate July 16, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

Skatin' Emma is off the hook!!!! Wait till you see her, Erika!!

Kerrie July 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

Ooh, that shot is fantastic, you can't even tell how crispy that grass was - LOL!

I felt so guilty, Kee-dah had this little stripe of sunburn right down the part in her hair!! I usually do remember to dab some sunscreen there. :-O

We had a blast though - you rock Kate! Thanks so much for letting me & Caoimhe in on the fun. :-)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP