Monday, November 23, 2009

The Dog Drank My Coffee -- Delaware Child Photographer

Yes, the dog did drink my coffee (good thing it was decaf!), but that's ok ... it was still an awesome picture party! Monica told me in advance that her aunt's house is pretty fabulous ... but when I pulled into the long driveway, I couldn't help but gasp. A pond! Tall grasses and wheat! Trees that still have leaves! A giant trampoline! And ... old beat up cars!! We shot until the sun was completely gone ... it was that good. A special thanks to all the guests for attending. I had a blast. I hope you enjoy your little sneak peek below ; )


See, told you there was a trampoline ...





I LOVE this one ...



Ok, now, these girls were a hoot! In a few years, you're going to see them on an episode of American Idol or something like it.





Told you the cars ROCKED!



Monica asked me if it was ok that she brought along her own props. The answer, of course, was ... OF COURSE! I love when people personalize their sessions. And she did a fabulous job.







See how the sun is nearly down in the picture above? This next family juuuuuust made it. Their poor Mom arrived on time, only to find out that they'd forgotten to bring her daughter's shoes. She had been asleep when they left the house, so they didn't realize she was shoeless until they arrived at the picture party. So, they ran out to Kohl's and got back just in time (with some new red sparkle shoes!) to get the last bit of light.



I HEART, HEART, HEART this next one. And I really can't take any credit for it. She decided to lie down all on her own. She must have been tired out from all that shopping!



And last but not least ... we ended things with the cousins on the trampoline. I'm pretty amazed that this turned out as well as it did. This was after sunset ... so it was preeeetty dark out. Because they were sitting still, I could slow down my shutter speed a bit ... but since I was standing above them balancing on a trampoline, I figured my movement would wreck things. I was super happy to find out when I uploaded them that they did, in fact, come out ok ...



Thanks again, Monica : ) I'll let you know when your full gallery of images is ready.

Now, in case you're wondering if I'm still doing picture parties (since the info on my main Web site says I'm not), the answer is no ... and yes. No ... I'm not scheduling anymore at this moment. But, yes, I will be scheduling them again in the near future. I'm in the middle of making some picture party changes ... and then I'll post the 2010 information here on the blog. So, stay tuned!

Happy Monday!
Kate

4 comments:

Alexandra November 24, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

Awww these are so cute! I love them!

Kate November 24, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

Thanks, Alexandra!! : )

Heather Yeager November 24, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Love the pics the kids look like they had alot of fun!!! Wish we could have been there.... maybe next time!! Greath job Kate.

Kate November 24, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

Thanks, Heather! I missed seeing you guys there : ) Clearly cute kids run in the family! Hope you guys are well!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP