Friday, October 9, 2009

Clothes in the Past Lane -- Delaware Commercial Photographer

This was easy as pie. Gorgeous clothes. Lovely models. And some fabulous hair and makeup. Plus, since most of my commercial work is with children's clothing designers, I must say, grown-ups are so easy! I say, "look over there," and they do it. "Stand like a pencil." Done. "Jump like a ninja." No problem. And never once did I have to sing Hannah Montana. (Although, between you and me, I don't really mind that part of my job too much. Shhh.)

This shoot was fabulous because of many fabulous people:

Sandi and the gang at
Clothes in Past Lane on Main Street in Newark picked out all the rockin' clothes. We had a nice mix of vintage and new clothes.

Gloss Salon (over by the Co-op on Main Street) hooked us up with some AWESOME hair and makeup. AWESOME! Thanks, guys!

And our models, of course, are just THE BEST. These girls climbed buildings, worked it in front of hot dog carts, were subjected to many a cat call and horn honk, and willingly tried out all my "out there" poses without so much as a single complaint. Thanks, girls!!!


I have so many amazing pictures from this shoot, but here are a few of my favorites ...











Be warned: I just may show up to anyone of my upcoming shoots with hair just like this. Because it's awesome.





See, I told you I made her jump like a Ninja. Which, by the way, is SUPER hard to do in heels, especially when your crazy photographer is also telling you to look serene and peaceful. I think she NAILED it.







I told her that she was going to have to stand there at that parking meter until a car honked. It took about 1/2 a second. Literally.










You girls ROCKED this session. Hope you like the preview : )

Happy Friday!
Kate

9 comments:

Tanna October 9, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

These are FAB-U-LOUS!! I LOVE that white lacy dress, it's gorgeous....now to figure out where i could wear it to so i can have an excuse to buy it!

Kate October 9, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

thanks, tanna! And I know! I was drooling over that white dress, too!

Alexandra October 10, 2009 at 4:26 AM  

Wow! You are so good at this!!! The photography is stunning! I love the first two photos and the photos by the colorful stairs, and the one with the parking meter .. oh too many to name :) Great job!

Karen October 10, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

Wow!! These pictures are incredible...and those beautiful girls!!!! It is amazing how you captured the feel for each dress and outfit with the perfect setting! You are an artist!!
I can't wait to see the rest of them. I, too, love the white lacy dress and especially the young lady inside of it, as she is my daughter!
This has been a real treat to the eyes!
Thank you!

Anonymous October 10, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

Kate, you AMAZE me. I am truly honored to have someone of your talent photograph my designs and it's SO fun to see some adult commercial shots! You were BORN to be a commercial photographer! These are STUNNING!!!! GREAT job!

Anonymous October 12, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

WOW! Chelsea you rock.
I am such a proud aunt.
Love you,
Aunt Ree

Kate October 12, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

Yay!!! So glad you girls love them: )

Janet October 13, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

WOW they are all just too beautiful! They look so professional!!!

Anonymous October 17, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Amazing pics of you!!! Chelsea you look Stunning!!!!!! Keep smiling!!Josephine

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP