Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Monroes -- Delaware Child Photographer

I have a terrible memory. I mean ... it's bad. Just the other day, I found myself bopping along in the car with the windows open and suddenly, I realized that I couldn't remember where I was going. No lie. I racked my brain, but it wasn't until I got all the way home that I was like, oh. The bank. So, anyway, it's hardly a surprise that I aaaaaalways forget to send my friends a card on their anniversaries. ALWAYS. It's not that I forget that's it their wedding month (ok, the exact day ... yah, I do forget), it's just that everytime I think that I should get them a card ... I then turn around forget.

Tanna and Talbert haven't received a card from me the entire time they've been married (well, unless I'm forgetting about a time when I actually remembered to send one. And that's very possible.) But, in honor of the BIG 10 ... here's a little something that I whipped up during part two of their family session. I don't really have the software needed to do something like this justice, but that's ok, this works. Please pardon the camera shake you'll notice throughout. Every time Maliya made me laugh I couldn't help but shake a little ; )

Happy (cardless) Anniversary, Monroe family!

And I hope this brightens up your day, Joe and Janet. Feel better soon : )


If you want to watch a larger version of this video, go here.


The Monroes from katecallahan on Vimeo.



Happy Weekend!
Kate

13 comments:

Tanna October 31, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

Kate, I LOVE it! It of course made me cry....each time I watched it! Thank you so much, it definitely makes up for not getting a card from you for 10 years ;) Actually, it may just be the best anniversary gift ever!

Anonymous October 31, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

Oh Kate,
You made my week! I was feeling kind of low this rainy morning & decided to check your Website to make myself feel better cause your site always makes me feel good & your comments make me smile. What a Great surprise!
This was FANTASTIC!!!! So very SPECIAL! I was sitting here crying I was so happy & as I am writing this Tanna called crying as well. We had both viewed this at the same time! How cool is that!
Thank You sooooooooo much!

Lauren Dietle October 31, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

This video nearly brought me to tears! This is what Paradise will bring everyday :) Thanks for the video Kate! It made me happy.

Kate October 31, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

You're welcome : ) I was wiping tears while I was making it! And I must say ... her dance moves are pretty impressive! Love, Kate

Nana October 31, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

Sorry about not making myself known on my last comment Kate, goes to show I am losing it! Of course it is me Nana!!!!
Thank You so very much every time I feel low I know where to go!
Your the BEST!

Thelma October 31, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

This video was the best ever. Not everyone gets to see Maliya in action. As you can see, Dad is the coach. Thank you Kate. This was a gift for all of us.

airika121 October 31, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

LOVE IT!

april October 31, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

Beautiful...no tears just one big smile:) What a lovely addition to your already great work! The moments you've captured are just the beginning of many more to come.
always-aca

Amie Schroeder October 31, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

KATE!!!! That was AH-Mazing! Fantastico. Maliya's dancing cracked me up. So awesome it made my eyes tear up.

Alexandra November 1, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

Aww :) This is amazing! Great work!

lindsay November 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

speechless!! great work kate and happy anniversay tanna and talbert!

Sarah C. November 1, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

How precious! I'm sure way better than any card! It made my day. I have to say that Maliya has so much personality it just cracks me up, she's just like her daddy! Congratulations Tanna and Talbert - Beautiful family!

Anonymous November 4, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

OMG. Can I just HAVE Maliya? Seriously. I SWEAR to make sure she always has cute outfits. :)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP