Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What a Cutie!! -- Delaware Child Photographer

I've always seen the signs ... and always wanted to go. But somehow, I just never got there. So, imagine my delight when recent contest winner, Lauren, asked if we could do her adorable daughter's session at Ramsey's Farm. What a fun place! If you've never had a chance to check it out, be sure to make your way there sometime this fall and enjoy some pumpkin picking and painting, hay rides, and ice cream. Not to mention the general loveliness of the area.

The first thing this little one wanted to do? Read. My kind of girl : )










This one just cracks me up!









I had a blast working with you girls, Lauren! Your full session will be ready soon : )

And on a completely different note, I just found this song on YouTube and I thought I'd share. It makes me laugh, actually. I got started with my required language late in my college career ... because I was scared to take it. When I was in seventh grade, I took French for one marking period, after which the teacher told me that some people just aren't meant to learn a foreign language. Meaning ... me. But, I couldn't graduate from U of D without at least three semesters of a foreign language. I guess my Mom thought it would help if I did a study abroad course, and so I spent a full month in France. And I very quickly fell in love with the language. However, I had only taken French 101 before my trip, so I couldn't understand a word. If I had it to do over, I would wait until I had a few classes under my belt before heading off to France. Anyway, the reason for this bit of rambling is because today I did a shoot with the fabulous ladies from Clothes in the Past Lane and one of the girls just reminded me soooo much of one of my favorite francophone singers ... Lara Fabian. So, when I got home I just had to pull up some YouTube clips. This one I've attached below cracks me up because, clearly, she is singing in Italian. I, however, bought her CD when I was in France and proceeded to spend most of the trip walking around with my little portable CD player listening to it. I felt all French listening to the "French" song. Sigh. It wasn't until a little while later that I was like, hey, wait a minute. That's not French! Oye. Hmm ... maybe my seventh grade teacher had a point! But that's ok ... it's still a beautiful song. Too bad more American singers don't actually, well, sing.

Happy Tuesday!
Kate


1 comments:

Alexandra October 7, 2009 at 3:53 AM  

Hahaha that story about your french made me laugh :P - Anyways, these are great photos! I love the little girl she looks so cute!!! I'm sure her whole family will be so happy with these amazing photos :)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP