Friday, October 2, 2009

Crazy Ideas -- Delaware Photographer

It was a constant source of friction at my old job as a marketing writer/designer. I could neeeever just design something simple and quick. No. It always had to be something creative and different (read: complicated). And I knew it bugged certain people that I always had to push the envelope a bit ... but that's just me. I don't like things to be plain and boring. I never have. And once I get a crazy idea in my head for a print design, a photo shoot, or the remodeling of a room in my house ... there's no rest in my head until I've accomplished it. It nags at me, begging to be attempted. Sometimes the crazy ideas are effective. And sometimes they flop. Big time. And while the flops can be disappointing, I know they are leading me towards something that will, eventually, be successful.

As I was cleaning out my over-stuffed hard drive this morning, I came across some crazy pictures that my Mom took of Bella and I waaaaay back in January. I don't think I ever blogged any of them ... probably because I think I look ... well crazy. I mean, really, why did I think purple leggings were a good idea?! I was just about to debut my Beautiful You web site and I wanted to have a picture of me for my bio page. And so I got a crazy idea in my head to do this whole pink/purple extravaganza. I mean, I could have just done a regular old b/w headshot. But, nooooo. I had to get all over the top. I never did use these pictures because I just don't like how I look in them (again, purple leggings?!). But when I came across the pictures this morning, they did make me smile. And yes, Bella IS trying desperately to escape from me, my crazy ideas, and my goofy purple leggings.




The moral of the story? Never be afraid to carry out your creative ideas. If you fail ... so what. At the very least you will have learned something in the process. Like the importance of NEVER wearing purple leggings if you are older than 10.


Happy Friday!
Kate

8 comments:

lindsay October 2, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

Never stop living your dreams Kate. I personally would love to live my forever long dream of a chocolate cream pie food fight while wearing a wedding dress! Could you imagine the yumminess of it all. Or...........filling a baby pool with red jello and jumping in. Why are all my dreams related to food??? Love ya woman!

Christina October 2, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

I LOVE your crazy ideas!! And that share them with us.

Bella has the patience of a saint.

:) Christina

Audrey Amaro October 2, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

Crazy ideas, while crazy, can become the most wonderful, rewarding,fullfilling ideas imaginagable.You look back and realize maybe it wasn't so crazy after all!! Think about the people who invented spin pops? Crocs? Taggie blankets?? Crazy, yes at the time-Now they are all livin it up somewhere!!! And for the record, I like your purple leggings, and your crazy ideas!! Keep em comin!!!

Kate October 2, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Thanks, lady! And you've come to the RIGHT photographer when it comes to the fulfillment of food-filled dreams. You say the word and I'll get you a baby pool with jello (and whipped cream) and a huge table of chocolate cream pies. I'll even throw in a chocolate syrup slip and slide. Hmm ... can you tell we were Weight Watcher buddies?! ; ) Love yah!

Kate October 2, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

Thanks, Christina and Audrey : ) And yes, Bella most definitely DOES have the patience of a saint. And she knows it, too. But don't feel too sorry for her ... she leads quite the life!

Alexandra October 2, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

This post makes me smile :)

Amie Schroeder October 3, 2009 at 12:56 AM  

I think I love the COMBINATION of the the hot pink boots, purple leggings and fusia jacket. Go on with your bad self. And if you make a chocolate slip and slide I want in.

Kate October 3, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

Oh, I'll SO call you, Amie!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP