Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Windy Day -- Delaware Wedding Photography

***************************************
CONTEST UPDATES:

Update 1 -- The Facebook comment winner is ... Kerrie Lyons!!!! Kerrie, you've won a $100 Precious Memories gift card!! Congratulations : ) Shoot me an e-mail with your address and I'll send it on over to you.

Update 2 -- A new contest will be announced on the blog on Thursday. The prize for this one will be a free session AND a gorgeous coffee table book with all of your images from the session. Stay tuned : )

***************************************

We listed all of our favorite warm things. Sunny beaches. Hot chocolate. Bubble baths. And we even did jumping jacks. (Alright, she did ... not me. I watched. But, it did make me feel warmer.) Yesterday was a cooold and rainy day. The kind of day that usually forces me to reschedule an outdoor shoot. Buuut, this particular clothing shoot couldn't be rescheduled, so we had to make it work. We huddled under umbrellas and overhangs. The girls were cold ... but they hardly complained at all. I probably complained more. We shot for nearly two hours. In kid time that's like 20 hours! So, a major thanks to Miss Hannah, Ava, and Sarah. You girls are soooo ready for America's Next Top Model. If yesterday were a mission, you sooooo would have won! After the session, I climbed back into my car with my soggy UGGS, wet skirt, and frizzy hair. I smiled ... because despite the difficult conditions, I love what I do. I smiled because I knew that today, December 1, would mark the second year anniversary of my business. Two years ago today was my last day at my old job. It's hard to believe it's been two years already. So, like the announcement above states, I'll be celebrating with a big fat contest announcement on Thursday. And yes ... it will have something to do with the number two ; )

And finally, let's move on to some gorgeous pictures of gorgeous people. I met up with Jessica and Marc this past Saturday for their engagement session. After already having to reschedule once before due to rain, we finally ended up with a gorgeous day. No leaves. But gorgeous anyway. It was windy, though. Veeery windy. And since we were pretty high up, the wind was really hitting us. The warm sun helped, though and also made for some lovely shots. See ...






I do love a little wind in the hair, though. It sure does make for a nice picture.



These two were just so easy to work with. Both of them were at ease in front of the camera, which made my job as easy as slice and bake cookies.





Something tells me that if these two ever decide to have children, they will have blue eyes! ...



I know I'm stating the obvious here, but Marc, you're marrying a super model!!!







Can you see the moon in the next picture on the left?






Thanks for braving the wind with me guys : ) I can't wait for your wedding. I know it's going to be amazing!

Happy Tuesday!
Kate

6 comments:

Tanna December 1, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

Beautiful! And a BIG congrats for you on your 2nd year in business :)

Julia December 1, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

They are absolutely beautiful, just like Jessica :) Great job Kate, and Congrats on your 2nd year anniversary!

Krystina December 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

You're so talented! ;)

Sarah C. December 2, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

All I can say is that Monday's rain made for quite an adventurous shoot! But your adventurous and creative spirit is why we like working with you so much! So Congratulations on two years and I'm SURE their will be many more "Precious Memories" anniversaries to come!

Kerrie December 2, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

No WAY Kate!!! Oh my gosh... oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!!!
I can't believe it!! I have the pictures you took of KeeKee here on my desk and I just LOOK at the brillint colors every day, I can't beeeelieeevve I'm going to finally be able to have pictures like this of ALL the kiddos. :-D
Just a *little* excited - LOL!
I'll shoot you an email on Facebook with my info. :-)

Jess M. December 3, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

These are beautiful...the bride-to-be looks a lot like Carrie Underwood.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP