Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Heart Faces! - Delaware Portrait Photographer



It's going to be a postful day today on the blog. Yup, I just made up a word. But, it's my blog, so no one can tell me I can't use my very own vocabulary! Each week, the face-loving folks over at the iheartfaces blog host a photo contest. There are two contests ... one for photos of adults, and one for photos of kids. In order to enter, I have to post the photos on my blog. The category this week is black and white. So, here's my entry for adults. Why did I choose this one? Because I agree completely with Charles, who left a sweet comment about his wife when I originally posted the session. He said, "Look at my gorgeous wife looking fantastic with her beautiful eyes!"



This is a fun contest. It's nice to see other professional and amateur photographers' work. View the adults entries here.


And since this is one of my favorites from my session yesterday, I thought I'd use it as my entry for this week's black and white category. Shhh ... baby (with a super cute face) sleeping : )


There's lots of adorable entries. Check them out here ...

I'll post the rest of this little guy's preview next : )  - Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography

13 comments:

airika121 February 25, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

oh boy, do I feel honored :)

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi February 25, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

Love that baby shot! Classic!

Anonymous February 25, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

OOO. That first one is so luscious - like hot cocoa with thick cream swirled in it. Very sophisticated. I love the way the darkness of her nose is mirrored in the roundness of the earrings and necklace. The second is all that and sweetness, too.

Nene February 25, 2009 at 11:22 PM  

Oh my goodness! Both pictures are STUNNING!

Betsy February 26, 2009 at 12:36 AM  

LOOOVVVEE THe baby.

Deb February 26, 2009 at 3:02 AM  

The baby one is outstanding. Love it.

Amy @ Living Locurto February 26, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Love that baby!

Amy
Co-Founder
I Heart Faces

Anonymous February 28, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

That baby photo is incredible. Congratulations!

Unknown February 28, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

What a beautiful baby picture! :-) Love how dramatic the black is -- congrats on being top 10!

Unknown February 28, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Oh Kate, I can't believe my little boy is in his first photo contest and placed 6th - its so exiting. We are proud parents of that little guy!! Can't wait until our next photo session in June.
Thanks so much!!!!!

Unknown February 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

Congratulations on being a winner! What a darling picture of a beautiful baby! All of your work is so lovely!

Carebear March 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM  

Oh, lovely shot. Congrats on your top ten win! Love this in black and white, how the black blanket just disappears and your eye is so drawn to the lovely infant. Inspiring composition!

Kate March 1, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Thanks so much for all the comments : ) I appreciate you stopping by!!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP