Monday, April 13, 2009

Clothes in the Past Lane -- Delaware Commercial Photographer

A few years back, a new little store opened up on Main St. in Newark. I had heard that they carry vintage clothes (which I HEART), so I popped in ... and fell in love. As I was hunting around, I looked down and saw a crazy-looking chair. It was so familiar. I kept staring at it and staring at it. "Why do I know this chair?" I wondered. And then it hit me. I made this chair!! I used to sell hand-painted furniture to local resale shops, which is where Sandi found it. At the time, I was looking to unload a giant closet of polyester and vintage clothing, so I invited her over to check them out. I mean, hey, if she liked my chair, she was sure to like my clothes, right? Well fast-forward a few years. Her awesome little store is still going strong and is still filled with a mix of both old and new (and my chair!). Well, I was very thrilled when she asked me if I'd take some pictures of her lovely daughter Allie modeling some of the vintage duds from the store. One of the pictures will be used in an upcoming UDress ad. We had the best time wandering around Main St., campus, the Newark train station, Creek Road, and White Clay Park (whew!). Sure, there were a few mishaps. Near death by train, for one. But we made it ... and I love how the pictures are turning out.









Oh, I love this next one something fierce!


And this next one, too ...



















And this next one might be my favorite so far. LOVE the attitude. And those calves. Rarrr!







And this last one is for Allie's Mom. Allie said, "My Mom hates it when I make this face." Sorry, Sandi.


Thanks for being such an awesome, awesome model, Allie. I had the best time working with you. The rest of the pictures will be ready soon!

Happy Monday ...
Kate

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP