Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wise Benjamin Said ... - Delaware Child Photographer

As I've mentioned before, I owe much to a therapy program called The Egoscue Method. Before I started their postural therapy exercises, I was about to have my third back surgery. I was in so much pain that I couldn't think straight ... let alone stand straight. Thankfully, I didn't get that surgery (a spinal fusion). Instead, The Egoscue Method has helped me to completely cure my back pain (not to mention my sinus issues, neck pain, etc.). Today, as I'm sitting here trying to get caught up (again), I opened my inbox and found the latest e-letter from my Egoscue Therapist, complete with a quote that I absolutely love.

"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - Benjamin Franklin

That will definitely be making it's way onto one of my future cards. Anyway, here's an image that I think goes along nicely with the quote. There's nothing like watching a child at play.




And now ... I'm sending out an S.O.S to my blog readers. I need help finishing up my latest list for my Girl's Life article. So, please, please, please put on your 13-year-old-girl thinking cap and tell me what's the number one thing you TOTALLY have to do before the end of the school year. Please! I'm stuck at eight things ... and I need 10.

Have a lovely Tuesday night! : ) - Kate


delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, kate callahan

5 comments:

Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

I'm not sure if this is the kinda thing you're looking for, but when I was in middle school (that's 13 right?) the thing everyone wanted to do before the end of the school year was get in one of those "random" pictures in the yearbook. You know, the cluster of candid ones in the back featuring friends in the hall ways, pep rallies, and jocks with their girl friends on the football field...

It was a goal of many. Maybe that's just Cecil County though (Yee Haw!).

Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

Hi Kate,

Not sure if this is one you'd want... but I asked my 13 year old sister and she said that she is trying to use ALL her available days to be out of school sick. I think she is allowed to be out of school 27 days during the year before disciplinary action is put in place, and she is planning to use all those days. (as if it's vacation time as work!) Crazy 13 year olds!
Christina

Kate March 11, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

Thanks, girls!!! And no, Jess, it wasn't just Elkton : ) We did that, too. And Christina, your sister cracks me up! I think she's pretty smart ... but I know they won't let me use that one : )

Anonymous March 12, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

Kate,

Love this post! I had lunch duty yesterday at Stanton Middle School and some of the little ones said, "Stand up to the mean girl!" "Say hello to the Nick Jonas look alike in my D period." "Bring lunch from home, I can't handle another day of Nacho Surprise!" "Sit with the boy at table 5, he eats by himself everyday, it makes me sad."

Here are a few of the "have to do's" before the end of the school year. I hope some of these help!
Always-april

Kate March 12, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

Aw ... there's always a boy by himself at table 5. What's up with that?! Anyway, thanks, April! Those are great!!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP