Monday, March 9, 2009


Life is stressful. This we all know. Every time I speak with someone, I find out that another person I know just lost his or her job. Or has cancer. Or is just exasperated by everything going on in the world. I have a solid Bible-based hope that soon all will be right. But, until then, I'm working hard to focus on the good. I'm trying to remind myself to enjoy each and every little positive thing that comes my way. So, from time to time, I'll be posting a "it's the little things" post. I'll share what has been good in my life, and I'd love for you to comment and share what's been good in yours. So, here we go. This is what made me smile over the weekend. 

1. The folks at iHEARTfaces selected Miss Maliya's cupcake picture for the top 10 last week. And yes, the theme was ... messy. 



2. Mud on my running shoes. I so love to run the trails that wind through White Clay Park. Especially when they're muddy. Especially on the first warm day of the year.

3. This cute little guy's face. He was the "model" that Shawn and I used for his photography class on Friday. Our theme? Pet photography, of course.






4. My French Bible Study. As many of you know, I'm a member of a French Congregation. On Saturdays, we meet together for a study of the Bible ... in French, of course. It's always encouraging, but this past weekend was even more so for me. I came home with a big fat sourire (smile) on my face.

5. Sleeping with the windows open. It felt soooo good to leave the windows open Saturday night.

6. Spotting the first blooms of Spring in my yard. Hooray!!




7. Setting the clocks forward. I love having more time in the evenings to be outside.

8. This pineapple. I ate the whole thing in one day.




9. The movie Australia. I didn't see it when it was in the theater, although I really wanted to. Well, it's finally out on DVD and I just loved it! Look out Ted & Michelle ... I might have to come visit you guys now!!

10. Playing the piano with the windows open. The chandelier above me sways in the breeze and makes a pretty little sound while I get lost in the music. My current favorite ... Somewhere Over the Rainbow. My poor neighbors. They probably wish that I lived somewhere over the rainbow, especially considering I live in a townhouse!


What little things have you appreciated lately?

- Kate


delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography

3 comments:

Anonymous March 9, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

One of my 10 little things would be that I think that everyone should have a Kate. I'm thankful!

Mary Marantz March 9, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

oooh i LOVE sleeping with the windows open!! what a GREAT post!!

Kate March 9, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

Right back at yah, my former "Weight Watching" friend. There's nothing like your best friend. Especially if she went to WW with you!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP