Monday, March 16, 2009

Dave ___ & Jen ___ -- Delaware Wedding Photographer

What's with the blanks in the title, you ask? Well, if you know Dave ___, then you understand. He's a two-name kind of guy. And after hanging with him and Jen ___ all day on Saturday for their beautiful wedding, it's rubbed off on me. Besides, it just doesn't seem right to talk about Dave ___ and Jen ___ without using their last names. Since I don't normally include last names in my posts, you'll just have to bear with me.

So, he called me last year and said, "Kate Callahan (side note: you already know my last name, so that's ok), I'm getting married. Will you shoot my wedding?" "Of course!" was the answer. Now, Dave ___ is a really nice guy, so I just knew that his fiance was going to be nice. But, she wasn't. No. Jen ___ is SUPER nice. Sweet. Kind. Adorable. Etc. The first time we sat down to go over details, she came with her bride's notebook and a list of questions, which she checked off one by one. She apologized for the list, but as I told her, I LOVE lists of questions. I would bring one, too if I was meeting my photographer. I take them to the doctor, too ... much to his chagrin.

Well, fast forward to this past Saturday. Their day was finally here. Lists were strewn all about the house (no, really!). And everything was checked off. That's probably why everything went so smoothly. Perfectly, actually. And even when the limo driver pulled me aside and said, "uh, do you know that there's a St. Patrick's Day parade going on downtown where you want to go for pictures?", I just knew we'd still be able to put a check next to "shoot amazing pictures." And we did. So, let's get started ...

First stop. Hair. I hope Jen ___ won't hate me for posting these first two. But they're just too hysterical. Plus, she looks pretty adorable in rollers. At least Tom certainly thought so (wink, wink).




And then on to makeup. Mary Kay makeup, to be exact. The set-up was so adorable ... complete with this little bag, which I loved.





Check out these gorgeous flowers. This picture is straight out of the camera ... I didn't have to do anything to enhance the colors. Soooo gorgeous.







There were a lot of smiles to be captured on Saturday. But this moment was genuinely hysterical. Jen was getting dressed and starting to stress a bit because we were about five minutes away from jeopardizing the schedule. And just then, one of the bridesmaid's husbands came tromping up the stairs and yelled out ... "Jen ___" in his very best Dave ___ voice. A wave of panic swept over the room followed by a tsunami of laughter as we all realized it was just a joke. The groom wasn't crashing our party.















First things first, I always say ... 



The Governor's Mansion was the perfect place for pictures ... 





Oh, boy. This next one is so Dave ____.







And below is an example of what Jen ___ does a lot when her husband is around. 











I think this next one might be one of my favorites. 





The fabulous bridal party. 



This next one is for Jen's Mom. She has a very beautiful daughter. 









I loved reading all the comments that people wrote on the picture signing board thingie. So, I thought it would be fun to mix them with a picture. Here's the result ...









Jen shared an emotional dance with her two Uncles. 



And then Dave sang to her while they danced ...



And then he diverted from the schedule with a surprise performance for his new bride. 











I hope you guys have an awesome, awesome time on your honeymoon. Thanks so much for entrusting me with your precious memories : ) - Kate

p.s. Brian and Sonya ... you owe me SO big for not posting "those" pictures. You know the ones.

13 comments:

Anonymous March 16, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

Beautiful pictures for what looked like not only a memorable day but a fun one too! Love the colors and the flowers were gorgeous.

airika121 March 16, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Those flowers and dress colors are so pretty!! They stand out so much. Congratulations to the couple! And Kate, that one photo where Dave is in the front and the bride is in the background looks awfully familiar :p Lovely photos, as always :)

Kate March 16, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

Erika ... you know it, girl! I call it, "the Charles." : )

Anonymous March 17, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

GORGEOUS PICTRUES! It was a wonderful wedding for a wonderful couple. Can't wait to see the rest

Anonymous March 17, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

Beautiful pictures. Congratulations to the couple! Love the colors and the flowers were gorgeous.

Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

What a beautiful photo of the couple smiling on the stage!! A preview of life to come.

Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Way to go groomsmen!!! I wish I had seen that dance!!

Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Beautiful colors for the flowers and bridal party. It must be spring wherever you are. I'm so jealous.

Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

Lovely pictures. At times it's difficult to find photographers that can shoot a diversity of nationalities. Jen and her beautiful ladies look "flawless" in these pictures. The sisters all look amazing in their "Tiffany Blue" dresses with the natural light and vibrant flowers. The pictures really highlight the most important part of the wedding, the happiness of Dave & Jen, which I hope is sure to come!

Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

Love the headshots of the bride. She looks so peaceful and serene.

Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

What a happy looking bride!! Nice job.

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

Not a more beautiful couple to be found!It takes the skill & professionalism of a photographer like you Kate to capture the style and finesse of this occasion!

Anonymous March 26, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

Nice pictures and beautiful couple..all the ebst guys.. live it up..Dave stay away fro mthat curry and riotti....

Nyron...

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP