Friday, January 9, 2009

The Early Bird Gets the Light

Oh man! This is a seriously tight competition!!!! There's less than an hour to go on the voting and two pictures are absolutely neck and neck!!! While we're waiting for the final votes to come in, I'll share some pictures with you from this morning's session with Rachel.

Now, as you may have read before on this blog, I'm not a morning person. I want to be one. But, I'm not. Not even a little bit. I drag myself out of bed and wander around like a zombie for about an hour before I start to feel somewhat awake. So, I'm very proud to say that today, I was up at the crack of dawn. Actually, before the crack of dawn. 5:00 a.m. to be exact. And it was sooo worth it. Rachel responded to my plea for fabulous females willing to model, and since I know she's game for (most) anything, I asked for a favor: a sunrise shoot. Eek! She's not a morning person either. But, since she's also a photographer, she's willing to suffer in the name of art. I've been wanting to do a sunrise shoot for some time now, especially since I've never even actually seen a sunrise. And considering that I've been on the earth for 30 years now, I figured it was time. And I'm happy to report that it was TOTALLY worth the agony of getting up so early. We went to Old New Castle (after a brief stop at Wawa for a pair of 24 ounce coffees) and took pictures along the shore. It's almost like you're at the beach ... except for the giant chemical companies across the way. But even they couldn't ruin the lovely view.

So, here we are waiting for the sun to come up. Me in my Uggs, giant coat, scarf, hat, gloves, and thermal underwear ... and Rachel in a little dress. She was a trooper!






So, we were waiting around and watching the sky get lighter and lighter. Since neither of us has ever seen a sunrise before, we both started to wonder, "did we miss it somehow?" The weird guy in the truck had already left. We thought he was waiting for the sunrise, too. And then, all the sudden ...







The sun was up in like five minutes. And then the light for the next 15 minutes was just so insanely gorgeous. 



Isn't her hat cute?! We were actually wearing the same hat today. A totally unplanned event. It's a fabulous Kritzinger Original.



And this next one ... oh, this next one! This one is for Debbie. There's always a "Debbie picture." I can hear her sucking in her breath sharply now. Her little Rachie:)



I'm not a gentle giant. So, when I needed to go from kneeling to lying on my side, I just tipped over. Timber ... crash. Apparently it was amusing. 



A giant "lake" of ice?! Of course I'm going to make her stand in the middle of it!



And to wrap things up, here's an adorable swing shot. So cute:)



So ... I'm signing off for now. Be sure to check the blog in a few minutes since the voting will have ended and we'll know who pulledl ahead at the last second. It's been like an eBay bidding war these last two days! It's been fun to watch. Thanks for all your participation:)

Stay warm and safe tomorrow!! - Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, wedding, delaware wedding photographer

4 comments:

Anonymous January 9, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

Absolutely beautiful!! I love the first picture and the one with the sun glistening on her face....breathtaking:)

Anonymous January 10, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Oh my goodness Kate..these are so beautiful. i also LOVE the first shot when she is on the pier! It's so beautiful!

airika121 January 10, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

Lovely :) I still cant believe how much the girls grew up. Both are such beautiful young women!

Anonymous January 11, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

LOVE the one where she's on the ground laughing- its so Rachel. I must say, when you tip over like that though it has the same effect on me...must run in the family. That- or its just hilarious. Either way, it makes for a great candid shot.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP