Saturday, January 31, 2009

Oh So Vintage! - Delaware Portrait Photographer

"I have a cool vintage polka dot dress," Holley told me before her session. Hooray for vintage! I picked out a few spots I knew would look great with a pretty dress. My plans were ruined, however. Spoiled by just how seriously Holley took her vintage look. She ROCKED it. When I saw her I couldn't believe it!! Not only was the dress adorable, but she had absolutely nailed the hair and makeup. I wasn't expecting that part! Well, suddenly, my spots were no longer good enough. I started racking my brain. Where do we go? Where do we go? We went to the first spot I had picked out ... and Holley just WORKED the look. I mean ... WORKED it.









Poor Holley. When it's cold (and it was), I normally don't keep my models outside for too long a time. That's the beauty of trekking to different locations. You get a little break in a heated car. But I just couldn't think of where we should go next. So we kept shooting. It wasn't until her teeth started chattering a bit that I suddenly knew where we HAD to go next. I was so excited that I could barely contain myself. But I did. In fact, I didn't even tell her where we were going. As long as there was a Wawa nearby, she didn't care. My kind of girl. And when we got there and she saw "the spot," she immediately got my vision. "It's like The Notebook!" she said. I've been wanting to use this old amusement park forever. And with her vintage duds, it was the perfect place. It's a little eerie, though, I must say. I pulled up expecting the gates to be closed. They weren't. We looked around for someone so we could ask for permission to use the property. No one. No Ryan Gosling ... nothing. Just an empty old amusement park.











And then we capped off our adventurous afternoon with a few shots in Delaware City. I've never really wandered around there, either. It's strange, we both remarked, but so many of the buildings in the area we "discovered" were abandoned and boarded up. We joked that maybe there was some horrible military experiment gone wrong here. Well ... whatever ... it worked great for pictures!







Thanks for being such an adventurous, fun model, Holley! It was great working with you ... again! And stay tuned ... my pictures from my Friday morning session are INSANELY cute. I'll share some of those a little later ... 


Have a great night! - Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography

2 comments:

Anonymous January 31, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

very cute pictures, Holley :) Kate, you have to tell me where that amusement park is...I've seen other pictures of it online thru other photographers and I never could figure it out!

Anonymous January 31, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Thanks Erika and Kate they turned out cute haha. We had so much fun too driving around trying not to get into too much trouble and making up stories as to what really happen to the people who lived in Delaware city haha.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP