Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh So Glamorous! -- Delaware Portrait Photographer

Two posts in one day! Wow ... I think it's only happened once before! : ) But like I said in post number one today ... I have so many awesome pictures to share from recent sessions. I'm currently a little backed up here in blog-ville, but with a few more double-post days, I'll be back on top of everything in no time. So, if you had a session recently and are (im)patiently waiting for your preview, it's coming! I promise!

One of the reasons I've had so many shoots these last few days is because in a week or so, I'll be debuting my new Web site!! My main Precious Memories site will stay the same, but I'll be adding a new site dedicated solely to beauty. But not just any kind of beauty ... beautiful girls and women. Folded into the new site will be services for high school and college seniors (and yes, girls only!). As well as services for groups of girls (girlfriend shoots!!), women who have survived cancer or other difficult battles, and women who just want to have a collection of pictures of themselves that make them feel wonderful, glamorous ... beautiful. These last few weeks, I've been hard at work shooting pictures for the site. I've worked with so many wonderful ladies ... and have some more shoots planned this week, too. On Friday, I worked with my good friend, Tanna. You may recognize her because I photograph her often with her adorable girl, Maliya. But this time, it was all about her. Her little one was hangin' with Mom-Mom, her hubby was getting his hair cut, and we were all over town shooting amazing pictures of her ... all by herself. She mentioned to me that sometimes you just don't feel all that glamorous once you become a Mommy. So, it was a real pleasure to help her get back to her glam roots. I knew they were TOTALLY still there. And now she has the proof.










I am so in love with this next one. People have mentioned to me before that they think I might have a bit of an obsession with feet since I do tend to take a lot of foot shots. So, maybe this seals the deal. I'm a foot lover. But, come on ... this is such a cool picture!



The best part about this rockin' wall is that it's different every time I shoot in front of it. Apparently the artists like to keep going over each others' work. That's fine with me ... all my girls get a different background!







I love this next one. Tanna was a trooper because it was getting pretty cold at this point in the shoot. And we were right on the water ... which was actually frozen chunks of ice. Each time the wind blew I felt pretty sorry for her - especially because I had my eskimo coat on. 








Of course, I have tons and tons more! Look for them in the new site when it finally makes it official entrance into the world next week : )  - Kate

4 comments:

Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Beautiful pictures...and I totally get the foot obsession, maybe cause I love shoes so much and those shoes are adorable!

Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

Kate, thanks for the proof that Mommies can still be glamourous. And I have to say although it was so sad your necklace broke before the shoot the replacement one looks fabulous in these pictures (thanks to your Mom)!

Anonymous January 27, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

Kate & Tanna,

The pictures are lovely. It's nice to know that even though the day began with a little bit of drama, the moments that were captured through Kate's lense made everything look effortless.
Keep smiling-lovely ladies.
always,
aca

Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Wonderful pictures, I especially like the one of her with the bridge over top...so pretty.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP