Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cover Shoot - Delaware Child Photographer

Yesterday morning, I met Tanna and Maliya at Longwood Gardens to shoot our "rain" cover for The Delaware Kids Directory. Our original plan was to shoot in different locations in Wilmington, but the weather this past week just wouldn't cooperate. It was either super bright and sunny, or sleeting, or just plain old frozen. So, with a deadline looming, we decided to try out Longwood. Really, though, it's Maliya's little outfit and personality that shine through here way more than any location ever could. And since covers are all about catching people's attention ... I think this adorable yellow outfit from The Baby Gap will do the trick. Kudos to her Mommy for the idea and for finding such a cute little set! Now the only problem is ... which picture will I choose?!























delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography

10 comments:

Anonymous January 31, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

Kate, you know I can't pick a favorite! They are all sooo cute but I really like #3, #6 and #8. But again I think they are all cover-girl worthy:)

Anonymous February 1, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

I just stumbled across your site and have added it to my reader. Beautiful colors that pop!

Kate February 1, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Thanks, Monica! And Tanna ... I know! Decisions, decisions. Good thing they're cute since I don't think she'll ever want to hold another umbrella! : )

Anonymous February 1, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

My vote is number two from the top & #3. I also like the next to last from the bottom.
All are great but with a rain background you need to think of the facial expression that a child in the rain would have on her face.

cliggy February 1, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

In order of my favorites:#6,5,2 and 1. But....they are all precious!!! Cammie

Anonymous February 1, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

I love them all. My first choice is #10 (second from bottom) and second choice is #9 (third from bottom - however, I don't think Mommy would let her sit in the rain) Also Daniel's choice is # 7. Great job Kate.

Anonymous February 1, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

kate-
#6 is my favorite
aunt april:)

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

For a magazine cover?? Number 1!!

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

I like # 10...There all so cute, it was hard to choose! Lynn ACE

Renee February 5, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Adorable, adorable but I don't expect anything else from Maliya. I think #1 and #8 look like magazine covers. Happy choosing!
Hello from NC,
Renee

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP