Thursday, January 29, 2009

Old New Castle -- Delaware Portrait Photographer

It was a Tuesday afternoon, and even still, the traffic was TERRIBLE! Probably because there was a whopping inch of snow on the ground ... and we all know how people around here drive in "snowy" conditions. I called her to say how sorry I was to be running a little late. She just laughed and told me that she'd already left me a message to let me know she was running late due to traffic. Sigh. Welcome to Delaware, Bizzy (and yes ... that's her name. Isn't it cool!!?)! It's a tiny little place where people absolutely can NOT drive in the snow. It must be particularly annoying for her, since she just moved here from Vermont. A land where people still go to work in a foot of snow and DO NOT run to the grocery store and empty the shelves (especially the chips and soda!) just because it might snow the next day. Bread and milk ... ok. Six bags of chips ... really?

Anyway, we met in Old New Castle and wandered about taking some awesome pictures. It was a super, super cloudy day, which is just perfect for portrait work. Especially since we got some extra light coming off the snow all around us. It was a chilly day. But like I said, she's from Vermont ... so she handled it like a real trooper.














Oh, the boots. I love the boots. There's a long story attached to them. If you love shopping, ask her about it sometime ... you'll appreciate their history ; )


The light in this next one is just so gorgeous. She stepped out from the doorway and all the snow in front of her just beamed up this soft white light that just lay on her face. Sooo pretty ...












I had so much fun working with you, Bizzy!!! I'll be in touch when your full gallery of images is available. Thanks again! : ) - Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, kate callahan

2 comments:

Mary Marantz January 29, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

LOL! six bags of chips!

These are AWESOME!! I love every single one of them. Ummm...and I want her boots! :)

Anonymous January 30, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

I love these pictures kate...very, very, classic looking. I would never even know you are in New Castle...great to find cool gems even in little Delaware!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP