Friday, January 23, 2009

Ups and Downs

Sometimes you have good days. Sometimes you have bad days. And sometimes, your day swings up and down just like a see-saw. Weee .. up!!! Ahh ... crashing down! That was my day today. Here's what I mean ...

I woke up on time today and had the best gluten-free roll smothered in butter and honey ... sooo up.

I bypassed my own coffee machine, got in the car, and drove to Wawa (enjoying every second of the warm sunshine). I did my regular combo of English Toffee and Regular Coffee. I got in the car, drove off, took a sip ... YUCK! Nutrasweet. It must have been a fat-free version. I HATE Nutrasweet ... back down.

My friend Tanna answered my call for fabulous females and drove down from NJ for a fun photo shoot. She also gave me the sweetest card and an awesome necklace that I just love ... way up! : )

As we pulled out of my development on our way to the photo shoot, we heard a strange noise. I looked in my rearview mirror and my heart dropped as I realized that I'd left a box with one of my favorite necklace and earring sets (a gift from my Mom) on the roof of my car. It flew off and pieces of the necklace came off all over the road. We searched all over the busy road, dodging cars and funny looks. We did find most pieces ... but not all of them. Down. Very down.

We had an amazing shoot! I have so many gorgeous pictures I don't know how I'm going to choose which ones we'll use ... up. Very, very up.

We arrive back home and the new sample albums I ordered came in ... early! ... still up.

The big album is amazing. It's so gorgeous I could cry. The little album is also amazing ... but one of the pages isn't right. I'm going to have to get it reprinted. Bummer ... down just a little. Not too much, though, since the big album is so awesome.

Tanna leaves and I start preparing one of my favorite dinners. The bell goes off and I go running to remove the garlic from the oven. I always burn the garlic ... so I book it fast. CRACK! I smash my toe ... hard. Really hard. Down. OH SO down.

Well, I didn't burn the garlic, and the dinner was good. And now I'm going to elevate. My toe is quickly becoming purple and very large. Ah well. I'll choose to focus on the good. Like these two gorgeous pictures.




 I have so many gorgeous pictures. So, so many. I'll be posting a proper photo-filled message in a day or so, along with lots of adorable pictures from yesterday's Longwood adventures. Until then, enjoy your weekend ... and watch out for your toes! - Kate

delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography

4 comments:

airika121 January 23, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

Aw Kate! I hate those days :( I eagerly await the photos, I love looking at pictures you take :)

Anonymous January 23, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

Kate, what a way to end your day...I hope your toe is O.K.! The pictures are beautiful, thanks for making me feel glamourous for the day....as a Mommy we don't get those kind of days too often:)

Kate January 24, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

Thanks, Erika! And thanks for being such a super glamorous model, Tanna. As for the toe ... sigh. I can't put any shoes on. So, flip-flops it is. Should be interesting tomorrow on my outdoor shoot in the 30 degree weather!! ; )

Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

WOW!! Nice idea Kate! Tanna gets better looking with age!
Like a fine WINE!

THis gives me an idea for your next Glamour shots, how about Seniors as in Citizens! Some still have it despite the aging process!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP