Sunday, January 4, 2009

Vote for 2008 Picture of the Year!!

How could I ever pick a favorite picture!? It's not possible. So, I rounded up 25 of the photos (many you just saw in one of my last looooong posts) that had people talking in 2008. Check them out and then scroll back up to the top of the blog and cast your vote. You can only vote once. But, feel free to send as many of your friends here to vote for you! The winner will receive a Precious Memories by Kate gift card for $150. Use it for your next session or be a generous soul and give it to a friend. You have until January 9 to vote!! 

First, though, let me take a minute to tell you why I'm doing this little contest. Well, it's fun. That's one reason. But here's why (really): I have sooo many gorgeous pictures from this past year. These are just some of the images that earned me some major compliments from fellow photographers, friends, and clients. Sometimes, after I post a picture, one of my friends will call and say "OH WOW! I love that one!" Or another photographer will let me know that he or she found the photo really inspiring. And while that warms my heart and fills me with the desire to keep doing what I do, I'm also aware that I can't take full responsibility for these gorgeous pictures. Without my clients ... I would just have pictures of, well, my dog. And while she's absolutely adorable (and I personally think could have starred in Beverly Hills Chihuahua), working with lovely people is my passion. So hats off to my clients. You are gorgeous. Wonderful. Fabulous. And OH so photogenic. I love working with you!:)

Picture 1: Cupcake Cutie


Picture 2: Red Scarf

Picture 3: Baby's Playground

Picture 4: Mommy's Dress


Picture 5: Against the Wall


Picture 6: Family


Picture 7: Veil


Picture 8: By the Shore


Picture 9: Brick Wall


Picture 10: The Kiss


Picture 11: Three Months


Picture 12: Kaitlynn


Picture 13: Patience


Picture 14: In the Country


Picture 15: Lovely


Picture 16: Sleeping Beauty


Picture 17: Friends


Picture 18: Sunset


Picture 19: Goodbye


Picture 20: That Face


Picture 21: Smile


Picture 22: Best Buds


Picture 23: Sisters


Picture 24: Early ... But Perfect


Picture 25: In A Tree


Happy voting!! - Kate

5 comments:

Anonymous January 5, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

Great idea kate! I hope you have a way of controlling the voting. Someone might want to decide who wins themselves.

I personally love #21, it just makes you laugh

Anonymous January 5, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

this IS a fun thing! The "patience" portrait is absolutely stunning. It almost makes me want to be prego....not really, but it is a beautiful picture. They are all great!

Kate January 5, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

Thanks guys!!

Anonymous January 6, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

Kate that is a great idea.
I love love Cupcake Cutie, Patience, and Smile. It is so hard to choose the best. Plus i love my little cutie Kent lol.
Hopefully the best WILL win!

Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

Kate, I loved the idea of this contest you had. I had a family members picture on the contest so I was on the site towards the end. It seems as though the winner may have controlled their fate. Not sure how but their vote was increasing significantly within seconds. I think they got about 100 votes the last hour. Not sure how that was possible without scamming the system.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP