Monday, January 19, 2009

Post-Wedding Shoot - Delaware Wedding Photographer

Snow!!!! Finally! I've been waiting to see some white stuff fall from the sky. So what if it's just barely sticking to the ground! I was still so happy when I looked out the window this afternoon and saw big round flakes softly dancing all about. I grabbed Bella and bribed her (with the promise of many treats) to come out and play with me. And by play, I mean put on some vintage duds and go try out a new picture spot I just found. My Mom came and was our professional photographer of the day. Don't you just love Bella's coat??






And don't you just love the falling down ruins in this next shot? It's such a cool place! This is actually part of the very extensive White Clay Park -- up in Pennsylvania.



So, hopefully you had fun in the snow today, too. But now on to more important things. Yesterday was Erika and Charles' post wedding shoot! Yeh!!! We were delayed a few times before due to illness and bad weather, but Sunday morning was perfect. It was super cloudy and there was a bit of an eery feel at Gibraltar, which is exactly the kind of look Erika wanted. They were both troopers. I'm not sure if it hit 30 while we were shooting. I, of course, was sweating bullets in my monster of a coat and trusty Uggs ... they on the other hand were a little on the chilly side. But they still rocked it with a capital R! See ...

Love this one!!!


This next one is just so sweet:)



Why do I love cloudy days so much?? It's like having a giant diffuser over the light (the sun), which makes everything soft and free of shadows. And I can have people look in any direction without worrying if the sun will hurt their eyes or cause them to squint. And the results are just so pretty ... 






Gibraltar has such a different look in the winter than it does the summer. It's so barren and cold. Erika thought her dress would look great there ... and it did. But only in the winter. It wouldn't have worked so well in the summer with all the flowers. The dark twisting trees are perfect. 




And this next one was all Charles. It was his idea. And it turned out awesome. Personally, I think he just wanted to show off his newly slimmed down physique:) (I'm so jealous, Charles!)



And one more snuggle shot ...


Ok ... this is like the Energizer post ... it keeps going and going (but there will be no pink bunnies ... sorry). This next part of the post is a preview of Erika's fabulous female casting call session. She answered my call for help two weeks ago ... but then I had to cancel her session last week when I was sick. So, after Gibraltar, we went to Panera in Newark for her all-time favorite bagel and a very simple cafe shoot. I wanted it to be all window light and nothing fancy. But still very glamorous. And I must say ... the results are absolutely stunning!





Wowsa! Look at those eyes!!





Erika and Charles, I'm so excited with how everything is turning out!!! I'll have the full post-wedding shoot and fabulous-female shoot ready for you guys in a bit. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoyed the preview! 

Oh ... and just two more pictures. Here are two adorable props that have just been added to my ever-growing collection. I'm running out of room! Don't they look just fabulous by my wallpaper??!




Have a safe and warm Monday night!! - Kate
delaware child photographer, delaware portrait photographer, kate callahan, delaware newborn photographer, pictures, photography, portrait, delaware senior photography, senior pictures, glamour shots, glamour photography, professional photographer, baby photography, child pictures, on location photography, wedding, delaware wedding photographer

8 comments:

Anonymous January 19, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Erika--you look absolutely FABULOUS!!!!

Anonymous January 19, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

My son would love that scooter!!?? Where did you get it?

Anonymous January 19, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

Kate, love the pictures of you and Bella....sooo pretty, your Mom did a great job!

airika121 January 19, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

I love all the pictures! Both yours and ours! It started snowing and I was like 'oh..of course it would snow today!'. But the pictures are all great and I can't wait to see the rest! And of course I love Bella's coat! And wowsa is right, I have pretty eyes in your pictures :-D

Anonymous January 19, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

Look at my gorgeous wife looking fantastic with her pretty eyes :-D (and for the record, I didn't do that shot to show off my new slimmed down physique!)

Kate January 20, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Yes ... Erika's eyes are amazing. And I didn't do any highlighting there either. The high contrast b/w makes them just pop out like crazy! As for the scooter ... both of these props came from MOULSON ANTIQUES on route 13 just north of Odessa. It's part of the historic Commodore McDonough homestead. Aside from having cool stuff, it would also be a GREAT place for pictures. The owner would love you all to come visit!:)

Anonymous January 22, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

Kate, I love the pictures of you in the snow. Your darker locks look fabulous!

missysue January 22, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

My visit has been spectacular! Your work is amazing! I'll be a regular visitor from now on! Thank you for the inspiration!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP